Mobil MX2T ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motul 800 2T

Have you tried this It is pretty close to ther same price if bought a gallon or more at a time.

yea ive run into the same problem. only one az here carries it ,and its not close.
if enough people put the wd on these auto zone managers they will start requesting it.
dont really know why but i like it better,
than my old stihl mix. good clean running machine ,i guess.

I couldn't find it at any AutoZones around Milw. But I finally found MX2T at a Checker Auto store in Racine, Wis. Had to pay $5 a pint tho.

Citgo partial synthetic (meets JASO and EG standards) at Farm & Fleet was only $2.25 per quart.

Since MX2T is a motorcycle oil, some motorcycle shops might carry it....but I dunno...is kind of hard to find...

Max - I purchased my last 2 bottles of MX2T at an Autozone store in Kenosha WI, about 12 miles from Racine.

I asked the local Mobil oil jobber, where I buy my gas, if MX2T was available. He said "sure, you're the second guy to ask about that oil this week!"

He plans on ordering a couple of cases of the 16 oz bottles to sell at his shop/store along with the various Mobile 1 syn oils in quart bottles.

Might be worth your time to ask someone local.

Mike

silver, I believe it is available in Canada. You should contact Imperial Oil(esso) to find out. It will be more money in Ca, but what isnt. compared to other stuff available it will be competitive I am sure.

Ben – In previous posts, you’ve always made the point that MX2T is a high performance pre-mix oil sold at a competitive price.

Guess this makes a lot of sense as ExxonMobil has the capability of producing its own synthetic base stocks & no doubt is getting quantity discounts on the additives used for the formulation since similar additives are also purchased in volume for the Mobil 1 crankcase oils.

Mobil, no doubt, could also have a packaging edge as the automation to fill the plastic containers could be similar to the high volume Mobil 1 synthetic product line.

The competition - Maxima, Castrol, Amsoil & the blenders that package for Stihl-Husky-Echo, etc. are purchasing the bases and additives on the market in smaller, more expensive quantities.

Which translates as a break for us, the consumer!

Mike

has the capability of producing its own synthetic base stocks & no doubt is getting quantity discounts on the additives used for the formulation since similar additives are also purchased in volume for the Mobil 1 crankcase oils.
Mobil doesnt get a volume discount because they dont buy additives from anyone. They produce all of there own additives, base oils and they have the capabilities to produce types of syn base oils that no one else in the world can. Mobil also produces bases for amsoil.
FWIW stihl oil in canada is made by castrol and is the same as there super two cycle oil, stihl oil in the US is made by either exxon or chevron. I forgot which.

I tried the MX2T, and found no problems with it. I can get it from a Mobil station about 1/2 hr away. A lot of bother if I'm not already going that way.

Always in the mood for experiments, I asked the manager of a local bulk oil and fuel company what they have...they also run a couple of gas stations nearby under the citgo banner, and turns out they are also able to retail Klotz, Bel-ray, and Bardahl specialty products.

$36-$80 a gallon for most of those, most are special order, non-stocked items...but aside from that are easy enough to get. There are options out there. I think I'll finish using up the Citgo oil I already have at 2.29/quart, before buying Klotz techniplate racing oil at $40/gallon.

Just for giggles, I looked up two-stroke oils on the net...boy, there's a ton of companies that will ship to your door, at almost any quantity from .379 liter up.

The point is that if it's a pain to get the MX2T, there just may be plenty of other options out there...call the local fuel and oil delivery company!

Eyeolf, Citgo makes a excellant semi-syn oil that retails for about 3.50 a quart. I believe it has a leafblower on the bottle. I would use this before I spent bought klotz. klotz in my wxpierance leaves alot to be desired.

Latest posts

Back