Mobil Synthetic Mix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I went to my local HardLuck store and was surprised to see some new 1 litre bottles of Mobil mix for about 9 bucks .
Did I miss something , I thought it was a thing of the past ?

All it said on the bottle was Mobil 2 stoke mix , on the back it said that it was synthetic , no mention of semi or blend , I'll try and get there before they close this week and buy a bottle .

It would be good if mobil is making synthetic oil again. It seems it was real good oil and not that expensive.

Do we know if its rated for air cooled engines?

Canadian distributors were still stocking the MX2T for a couple years after stocks were burned up in the U.S. While it was likely pretty close to the same product I believe we learned that it was an exclusive Canada item, bottled and inventoried in Canada for the Canadian market.

Interesting, as Exxon-Mobil remains a supplier for a wide array of petroleum derived products; the base stocks most likely came from their own supply stream originally. I think I read on BITOG or somewhere that it was a market decision on Mobil's part; they could make nearly as much profit selling base stocks to other labels and do without inventory costs for what was becoming a slow-moving line. This new product is likely a little more "generic" than the old MX2T...probably still better than required for chain saws and trimmers, but its also obvious that Canadian supply chain has been getting requests for a product.

AFAIK it never went away in Australia.

Mobil 1 Racing 2T

Where I live in south west France Mobil 2T has never gone away, although the bottle now says Mobil2T rather than Mobil Racing 2T still synthetic & Jaso FD rated though. It`s more expensive than Ipone synthetic so I tend to use that +I like the Fraise[strawberry] smell it gives off.

Where I live in south west France Mobil 2T has never gone away, although the bottle now says Mobil2T rather than Mobil Racing 2T still synthetic & Jaso FD rated though. It`s more expensive than Ipone synthetic so I tend to use that +I like the Fraise[strawberry] smell it gives off.

Hahaha, and here I am on the other side of the world using French blended Motul 800 2T.

I love the smell of banana's :D

Excited Delirium .
That must have been what I had when I saw the bottle , I finally made it to my local hardluck store when they were open .Upon closer inspection I found the words Synthetic blend on the back lable :( .
At 6.50$ per litre it is a good around here even if it is a blend .
I'll go hide now LOL !

Latest posts

Back