Moral conundrum.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TreeProdigy

TreeProdigy

Recently I put in my 2 weeks over mostly what I would call personal reasons which boil down to me simply not being happy with where I work, how the company is run and where I see it going. One of the things that bothered me is the fact that they can not keep or acquire experienced climbers. Long story short, recently they hired a kid from Cabellas with no experience or background in the industry and put him in the tree. I made my feelings here clear with the whole company. You start on the ground, when I see you can run a saw on the ground and you understand everything that is going on, I will be happy to teach you to climb if that's what you want to do. Now here is my moral conundrum. They are only paying him 12$ per hour. I have too much respect for this industry and what I do to be OK with that. I feel like if I finish out my 2 weeks I am only doing that much more to help this company do this sort of ****.
probably a line trimming outfit who needs a decent climber w/t bucket butchers swarming stick 2 your word and you can laugh the next two weeks wondering how you ended up on a mbile sweat shop in the 1st place be safe........

Latest posts