More bad news for two strokes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My battery electric saw gets most of the use around here. I won't be getting rid of my gas Stihls any time soon, nor my diesel truck, but would daily drive an EV in a heartbeat. Don't care about the environmental crap, I'm just lazy, and EVs are easier.
you should care about the environment because the ocean temperatures are rising and the coral reefs are dying from the greenhouse effect from too much man made carbon dioxide in the air.

you should care about the environment because the ocean temperatures are rising and the coral reefs are dying from the greenhouse effect from too much man made carbon dioxide in the air.
I’m just doing my best to delay the next ice age in 1500 years. It’s pretty inevitable

Don't "you should" people. Live your life and let others live theirs.

I'm not dumping used diesel oil down storm drains, or burning oil wells for my own amusement. I'm also not living in the stone age, just so some moss on some rock somewhere doesn't get sad, either.

I won't apologize for it, I won't feel guilty about it, and you can sit and spin if you think I should. That problem is yours, not mine.

Yes but what about the person living near to the power station, supplying your battery power, breathing in the fumes and trying to put up with the noise...?
How did anyone get permission to put up a dwelling that close to a power station, its madness.
The planners are to blame for a lot, over here you can get permission to build a house in a hole or a flood plane,
then it rains, then your house is worthless, its time these planners were made pay up for their stupid crap.

How about we start holding the buyers responsible for buying in stupid places?

Yes this is a flood plane, we will not be rescuing you when the floods come, and no insurance will cover anything you build here. If you choose to do so anyway, that's on you.

Yes, there is a power plant next door. No, we will not be burying the high tension lines, which were here when you bought your place, nor will we be caring when you complain about them.

The airport has been here 50 years. You've been here six months. We will not be having pilots chop the throttle immediately after takeoff, just because you chose to buy a house right next to the airport.

Seriously, if you bought a house right next to a railroad track, and then complained about the train noise, everyone would helpfully point out that the track was there first, and if that was going to be a problem for you, maybe buying a house next to the track wasn't a good idea. Yet stupid choices everywhere else gets a pass?

How about we start holding the buyers responsible for buying in stupid places?

Yes this is a flood plane, we will not be rescuing you when the floods come, and no insurance will cover anything you build here. If you choose to do so anyway, that's on you.

Yes, there is a power plant next door. No, we will not be burying the high tension lines, which were here when you bought your place, nor will we be caring when you complain about them.

The airport has been here 50 years. You've been here six months. We will not be having pilots chop the throttle immediately after takeoff, just because you chose to buy a house right next to the airport.

Seriously, if you bought a house right next to a railroad track, and then complained about the train noise, everyone would helpfully point out that the track was there first, and if that was going to be a problem for you, maybe buying a house next to the track wasn't a good idea. Yet stupid choices everywhere else gets a pass?
I 100% agree with this sentiment. There's a pig farmer near where my home farm used to be. The farm next to him sold to a developer. Now im talking 5th generation pig farmer, it's always been there. They put a high class development on the land next to the pig farmer, sold all the lots off right before spring, started construction, and most were moved in by early winter. Next thing you hear is everyone complaining to the township about the smell. Well the cry babies won and the township made the pig farmer come up with what amounted to a smell mitigation plan. Pathetic. It's been a wile since I've been back in that area, but last I hear they were trying to sell the pig farm, too many hassles from the city folk that wanted to live close to the country.

You should research lithium mining and realize how bad it is. Just because it’s not in your backyard doesn’t mean it’s good.
And you should think about all the people that may get displaced due to more hydroelectric dams being built to satisfy the need for more electrical grids.

Retired guy from SE Manitoba

You should research lithium mining and realize how bad it is. Just because it’s not in your backyard doesn’t mean it’s good.
And you should think about all the people that may get displaced due to more hydroelectric dams being built to satisfy the need for more electrical grids.

Hydro electric isn't a real thing any more, look at all the dams that got tore down over the years here in the states. It's like they want to burn more coil/oil/gas to generate electricity. Heck that last time I was at the holtwood dam they were only running 2 turbines to generate power. Nothing wrong with the rest of them, when I asked why they didn't have them all running? I was told it was because there was no need, this was the middle of August. They play the game just like everyone else.

Hydro electric isn't a real thing any more, look at all the dams that got tore down over the years here in the states. It's like they want to burn more coil/oil/gas to generate electricity. Heck that last time I was at the holtwood dam they were only running 2 turbines to generate power. Nothing wrong with the rest of them, when I asked why they didn't have them all running? I was told it was because there was no need, this was the middle of August. They play the game just like everyone else.

It is up here in Canada. Currently the Keeyask dam project is being worked on. Manitoba Hydro is in partnership with 4 First Nations in building it.
We just finished our Bipole lll project for transmission lines and not without controversy.
If we want to go green with “clean” power, we need the power lines to cross properties everywhere. Somebody’s going to have a dam in their backyard and somebody’s going to have major power lines run by them.

It is up here in Canada. Currently the Keeyask dam project is being worked on. Manitoba Hydro is in partnership with 4 First Nations in building it.
We just finished our Bipole lll project for transmission lines and not without controversy.
If we want to go green with “clean” power, we need the power lines to cross properties everywhere. Somebody’s going to have a dam in their backyard and somebody’s going to have major power lines run by them.

Interesting, didn't know of any new dams going in, but then again I'm not in the great white north either. But yes, I agree. Need to play nice if you want power. That comes with the territory. Poles, lines, etc.

Just found this on an Irish site, looks like Tanaka/ Kogi have decided to throw in the towel
on two stroke power equipment.
Heaven's ! ! ! Tell me this isn't true !

Does this mean I won't be able to keep my 30 year old 2 stroke Tanaka water pump running for another 30 years?

I knew something must be up when I couldn't buy a genuine Tanaka fuel tap/filter recently and had to go aftermarket.

What's to become of us all !IMG_20210731_170708.jpg

Heaven's ! ! ! Tell me this isn't true !

Does this mean I won't be able to keep my 30 year old 2 stroke Tanaka water pump running for another 30 years?

I knew something must be up when I couldn't buy a genuine Tanaka fuel tap/filter recently and had to go aftermarket.

What's to become of us all !View attachment 921304
It seems to be true, I liked Tanaka, before Kogi took hold of it, those Hitachi chainsaws they produced didn't go down well here.

And where the US tested bombs in the ocean years ago, guess what, coral is flourishing, better than ever.
While climate change is happening, we are all being punished beyond whats required, its just another commodity,
to sell and tax us into extinction, the wealthy who made the mess with their never ending produce it today and
produce it again tomorrow mentality are the ones who need to be curtailed, china being the probably one of the
biggest culprits, producing millions of tons of scrap that only has to survive the boat trip. The throw away mentality,
the lets upgrade what is working for us mentality is an ongoing issue, but it won't be tackled because that would hit
profits something chronic, and on it goes. Every retard in this country had to have a jet ski and an atv when they got
their house built, the bank gave them the extra money to do this, no one seemed the least bit concerned, people who
were only working on building sites themselves out buying houses at inflated prices and getting extra tagged onto their
loan for crap they never needed. Like sony deciding to make double the amount of televisions for a decade, who the
heck is going to buy them, ah, lets get out buddies in the banks to loan everyone the money, and the media will convince
the customers they are missing out and need the newest model. The media is our biggest enemy, continually pushing the
need to update, and get the latest must have, that we do not need at all, and if we speak up, we get our accounts locked,
dumped off their platforms and labeled as all sorts.

Well, dumb and helpless people are easy to control... but I also think it's a symptom of the lazier generations that never learn basic skills.
Interesting observation though about taking away the ability to stockpile some fuel and making people entirely reliant on the electrical grid.
And we already know the electrical grid can be hacked. So the string pullers and puppets will have a skate goat when they flick the switch, like corona, a global catastrophe, and no one knows anything, yet the profits are soaring because of price hikes, look who is gaining, its the wealthy,
the poor are getting hammered as usual.

Hitachi Koki bought out Tanaka over a decade ago, they also merged with Metabo a few years ago and have been working hard on their cordless power too lines. Metabo and Hitachi have both been big players in the power tool industry for a very long time, I wouldn't doubt it they have plans on pushing battery powered options to replace the gas engines that the tanaka engines previously powered.
Now you have me worried, I recently bought a Metabo 4 1/2 inch angle grinder, and its no where near the quality of
the older Metabo items I own, I have a cordless drill and a chop saw for wood that are fantastic, I can see now I won't
be buying more Metabo, those Hitachi chainsaws I mention earlier, were bad tools, nothing like the old Tanaka products.

I used to be a fan of Hitachi products, but my Makita products have outlasted My Hitach ones over this past decade.
At least Makita didn't wreck the Dolmar chainsaw brand like Hitachi Kogi did with the Tanaka chainsaws.

Note that it takes about $30 worth of diesel fuel running a diesel-electric generator for two to three hours in order to charge up an EV that might run 200 miles before requiring another recharge. This is progress?
View attachment 921002
It will dawn on them one day, when its too late. There isn't even enough raw materials on the planet to get us up
and running on electric vehicles, so who is going to get one and who has to take the bicycle.
And who is stupid enough to buy the ev that needs the battery pack replaced, unless said ev is very cheap, that
alone makes your ev a very expensive vehicle to own.

You have to laugh at this world, even the dentists are in on the act, pushing electric tooth brushes,
its a sad state of affairs when a person can't rattle a brush with the power of their own hand to
clean their teeth, instead they are tripping over themselves to comply and adapt their ways because
the media pushed their buttons, no minds of their own at all, like with corona, everyone being told what to do.

And we already know the electrical grid can be hacked. So the string pullers and puppets will have a skate goat when they flick the switch, like corona, a global catastrophe, and no one knows anything, yet the profits are soaring because of price hikes, look who is gaining, its the wealthy,
the poor are getting hammered as usual.
yes we will have all our eggs in one basket when we have only heatpumps, EV,s and battery worktools
so when the grids get hacked or knocked out by solar flares or whatever, we will be stuffed
nows the time to get those solar panels installed, i have 3 egg baskets so far, some grid tied, and some water heating, and some feeding truck batteries

Latest posts

Back