More fun in Oregon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My buddy came up and took down a few more trees for me this morning.

Some of them were not real easy to call the shots on but we got them down and out of the way with no mishaps.

Supposed to be a big storm last night but it never happened here and the nasty weather they were predicting for today actually turned into a decent morning.

I got a chance to run the Shindaiwa 345 I recently bought and it works great as a little limbing saw. It'll hold it's own with the 366 and 377 and I like the way the older saws look.

I won a bid on a Shindaiwa 416 off e-bay and I'm waiting to try it out when it gets here. Should be enough wood to keep me busy for awhile.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like you have plent of wood to cut up Rich. Don't have too much fun!

It always amazes me how Alder grows in thickets like that.

Makes me want a 200cc weedwhacker.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

This clump we're taking down is Maple. I'm glad I had somebody come up that knows what he is doing as a couple of those leaner just exploded when the saw got into the back side.

Around here, moss doesn't seem to grow as well on alder. Maple yes. A logger here told me maple tends to want to set back on the saw--at least the smaller stuff. There's some special technique that I'd only understand if I saw it done. Which I haven't.

He did hang up the Husqvarna for a bit, but the Shindaiwa 577 came to the rescue. I'd rather cut Alder than Maple. Even when bucking it up, any pressure caused it to snap when the saw was laid to it.

He did hang up the Husqvarna for a bit, but the Shindaiwa 577 came to the rescue.

That's the way it usually is...when the "big boys" run into trouble, it's always the Shinny Brigade that bails 'em out.

"Shindaiwa - first to start, last to quit!"

-=[ Grant ]=-

Is that the columbia river in the background?I lived in longview,kalamma and raineer or for a while and they are all on the banks of the columbia.

Moose

I've got a friend in Clatskanie. Been about six years since I visited now that I think abou it. We both got married and had kids in there and the few times I've been through he was working or I didn't have time to stop.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back