More Greasy Nasty Partner Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Partner 500. It's actually cleaner than the 5000+ I posted pics of a couple weeks ago. I pulled the cylinder and it still has the crosshatch all the way up. The piston still has the horizontal machine marks. It does not appear is has ever thrown the chain. I believe it's very low hours. I'm really liking these saws.

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

Here is pictured with it's big brother.
arrowheadpioneer

I would agree with "very low hours." Was it that clean when you got it?

Congrats :clap:!

It had the typical dust and oil film on it, I wiped it clean.

I did repaint the muffler, which still had most of the black paint on it.

Nice saws, gotta love those 500, 5000 Partners, one of, if not the best, 50cc saw ever made. I have always had one that I use on or off a job site. We have a 5100 Dolmar at the shop (a great saw) that everyone loves, but I still prefer the Partner's. They just feel better in the hand, run great, and were way ahead of there time in technology. I have one that has not ever been apart for repairs. It has worn out 2 clutches, a lot of bars, and I don't know how many chains. It looks a little aged now but it is still one of my go to Partner's.

Nice saws, gotta love those 500, 5000 Partners, one of, if not the best, 50cc saw ever made. I have always had one that I use on or off a job site. We have a 5100 Dolmar at the shop (a great saw) that everyone loves, but I still prefer the Partner's. They just feel better in the hand, run great, and were way ahead of there time in technology. I have one that has not ever been apart for repairs. It has worn out 2 clutches, a lot of bars, and I don't know how many chains. It looks a little aged now but it is still one of my go to Partner's.

Now that's really saying something. These saws are well built, fast, and easy to work on.

As do I.

Those are 2 nice saws no doubt.

If we keep going we can photo all that series and relabled ones together.

500, 5000, 5000+ 5500, PP325, Jred 490 and 590.

What are we missing? 540 and 543?

Between you and I, we can take that picture tomorrow. :laugh:

I don't know much about the 540 and 543.

I still think the top dog is your 5500. :bowdown:

Ohh, they are just beautiful!

I am embarrassed to display my motley crew. The early 5000 is a screamer but funnily enough the 500 at left came to me with a 5000 top end - lucky days.

I am sorry they are not pretty but they are work saws and earn their keep.

Al.

P2240623.jpg

P2240622.jpg

As do I.

Those are 2 nice saws no doubt.

If we keep going we can photo all that series and relabled ones together.

500, 5000, 5000+ 5500, PP325, Jred 490 and 590.

What are we missing? 540 and 543?

I believe there were more different P5000s, but I am not really sure....

This one? :thinking:

This is a great idea! :msp_smile:

Last edited:
Between you and I, we can take that picture tomorrow. :laugh:

I don't know much about the 540 and 543.

I still think the top dog is your 5500. :bowdown:

Those all are 53cc, but probably ported differently, as the power spec are more modest on the 540 and 543. I also believe that the 540 and 543 weren't sold in the US.

I believe there were more different P5000s, but I am not really sure....

This one? :thinking:

This is a great idea! :msp_smile:

Niko, I'm not 100% sure but I think the 5000 +H+ is just a heated handle 5000+.

At least thats the only thing that sticks out to me thats different on them.

When I catch up with Ed sometime, we will see if we can make that photo happen.

Those all are 53cc, but probably ported differently, as the power spec are more modest on the 540 and 543. I also believe that the 540 and 543 weren't sold in the US.

Yes as far as I know those two were europe only saws.

I also am pretty sure the 540 is just a open port 5500 and we know that Bo's 543 that he posted is a 46mm 55 Husky open port.

I'm looking out for a way to aquire a 540 if possible.

Ohh, they are just beautiful!

I am embarrassed to display my motley crew. The early 5000 is a screamer but funnily enough the 500 at left came to me with a 5000 top end - lucky days.

I am sorry they are not pretty but they are work saws and earn their keep.

Al.

P2240623.jpg

P2240622.jpg

Nice looking saws. :msp_thumbsup:

Niko, Do you have the hp specs for the 500, 5000, 5000+ and 5500?

Latest posts

Back