Most hated saw to work on...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 19T was on the top of my list also, then the dreaded mini man....but I have a new first in a Husky 435T. The cleaning staff must have designed this one because NO engineer in their right mind would put such cobbled up saw on the market.

A Japanese design (Zenoah).

100_0265.JPG 100_0264.JPG 100_0263.JPG 100_0263.JPG 100_0263.JPG 100_0263.JPG 100_0263.JPG 100_0263.JPG I love my 009l after I got the oil pump working. pull saw apart to change plug on the yellow one sucks but ha it was free after a carb kit runs great100_0263.JPG . the one in the box will stay in the box because the throttle cable suks..need any parts pm. I just tore down a husky 345 that made the 029 go in the pile of parts.

I love my 009l after I got the oil pump working. pull saw apart to change plug on the yellow one sucks but ha it was free after a carb kit runs great. the one in the box will stay in the box because the throttle cable suks..need any parts pm. I just tore down a husky 345 that made the 029 go in the pile of parts.

Deja vu all over again. I was given one of those runt 35 cc Macs, in a box just like that. Still in that box awaiting trip for recycling.

Don't need it as a runner; got a couple serviceable runners in that displacement range. Don't need the aggravation, thank you very much. Too sleazy greazy to be used as a paper-weight, too.

I can't imagine anything worse than a mini mac 1 the throttle linkage is awful getting hooked up

I have an 019T but haven't worked on it enough to dislike it. Maybe in the future? I've changed the oil pump but don't recall anything abnormal.

I have limited experience but say - 011AVT. I got it as parts saw and restored. You pull so much off to get to the flywheel. Sweet sounding little saw, tho.

i've worked on so many saws i have trouble remembering which ones i hate working on. the mini mac, super 2, and 009 stihl are in the memory bank though.

What's yours?
For me it's a Stihl 020AVP. I know Mini Macs ain't fun, but I'd rather do a mini than them cursed 020AVP's.
Every time I work on one, it's nothing but problems... every time. :mad:

Oh Man, I have a 020AV Super tophandle and I really want to keep it forever.......:(

I agree with that! The 440 is such a much better saw....to work on...handling weight...feel...I could go on and on.

I like all brands, but am slightly a JonseVarna guy. All the (Stihl) comments in this thread make me think of a saying I used to use in the automotive world (when defending Fords). "You buy it to USE IT, not Work On It."
My brother has a mechanic shop and claims he wouldn't make any money if they didn't need worked on.
Even Morticians need customers

My brother has a mechanic shop and claims he wouldn't make any money if they didn't need worked on.
Even Morticians need customers
Mini mac 110 is an absolut AHOLE to work on but one cool little saw to use. Worth it i the end.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back