Most popular pole saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at both Stihl and echo before buying the M18 Milwaukee setup. I don’t need a pole saw often enough to justify the cost of either gas options that would sit a lot. I really like the Milwaukee, Used it a bit last weekend.

Milwaukee. You can get so many other things when they have a sale. You definitely want the hatchet. Check Home Depot daily deals and Northern tool. Both ship and both had big sales in the past week. Plus you can get different heads to go with the pole saw.

I bought a echo extendable pole saw PPT-260 many years ago. One reason was it was real 2 stroke. Worked great and go to like 16' .
But didnt use it much over the years for homeowner land use.

I also bought a manual pole saw and later a battery pole saw for wife. Boy did those save me alot of work not having to follow wife around pointing out what she wanted out of trees.

So later on the gas one got sold. If was buying a again I would a echo again.

But check out the battery ones too. What my dad even went with for land farm use.

Own a PAS-280 set up now and love it but no saw head as wasnt needed.

I have a Stihl HT101,.4-mix, extendable which is probably 20 + years old non-commercial use. Only problem being I needed to replace the ignition module/coil and retighten the clutch discs on the head.

I've cut some pretty large limbs without any issues, probably around 12". Just took my time and didn't force anything. I'd probably buy the HT 131 if I need to replace this one. I'm just not ready for battery powered units yet."

The STIHL Kombi system uses one powerhead with multiple attachments, plus has more reach than a standard pole saw. I do landscaping on the side so needed something versatile, dependable, affordable, and space-conscious, plus didn't want to maintain multiple engines.

Depends on your use case. Really like my Stihl 131 But yeah battery if I did it again.
Not least, cuz 15 minutes of pole saw = better than an hour of branch hauling.
side note; the head from the 131 bolts directly on the straight shaft stihl trimmers for a nice brushing tool without all that back tweaking length (weight).

I'd look at battery saw that uses batteries you may already have. I have a gas echo, great but 25 pounds. I bought a 20Volt DeWalt for about$150 without charger or battery and it is a great saw. I have 560 acre tree farm and it is my go to pole saw. I use the echo only in extreme cases. With 2 of the 3 sections in the Dewalt it only weighs about 8 pounds, 10 pounds with all three sections.

Latest posts

Back