Most popular pole saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any info on the angle adapter?
It is perhaps 10 inches long and goes between the attachment be it string trimmer type or pole saw type and the pole with drive shaft inside. It is on the parts sheet for the ht250 and likely others. I got one and it makes the thing kind of heavy and more exhausting to use on the ht131. I really believe it is more suited for cutting horizontally on top of bushes than tree branches. I have not used mine much and more on the ht131 with the string trimmer attachment on banks reaching over a drainage ditch. The guy at a Deere place ordered it in for me, first one they ever did if I recall.

I bought a echo extendable pole saw PPT-260 many years ago. One reason was it was real 2 stroke. Worked great and go to like 16' .
But didnt use it much over the years for homeowner land use.

I also bought a manual pole saw and later a battery pole saw for wife. Boy did those save me alot of work not having to follow wife around pointing out what she wanted out of trees.

So later on the gas one got sold. If was buying a again I would a echo again.

But check out the battery ones too. What my dad even went with for land farm use.

Own a PAS-280 set up now and love it but no saw head as wasnt needed.
I second the Echo but for the little use of one I have, I bought a battery powered Bauer pole saw because I have many Bauer cordless tools. For under 100 bucks, it works just fine for my use.

Just about to buy an Echo straight shaft brush cutter actually.

Both are good. I’d look at which one you have better dealer support for in your area. Makes it easier when it’s time to get pieces parts.
I've had a Husqvarna 326P for over 20 years and used it quite a bit but recently the plastic oil cover on the chain head cracked. I've not been able to find a replacement part and so far my attempts to fix the damaged part have not worked so the saw is essentially useless which is too bad because it ran great. I've been considering the battery saws to replace this. I have some Makita stuff and more batteries for that system so I'm considering buying the bare tool. I'd switch brands but would be dealing with a different battery system. I'll be watching this thread closely.

It is perhaps 10 inches long and goes between the attachment be it string trimmer type or pole saw type and the pole with drive shaft inside. It is on the parts sheet for the ht250 and likely others. I got one and it makes the thing kind of heavy and more exhausting to use on the ht131. I really believe it is more suited for cutting horizontally on top of bushes than tree branches. I have not used mine much and more on the ht131 with the string trimmer attachment on banks reaching over a drainage ditch. The guy at a Deere place ordered it in for me, first one they ever did if I recall.

One of the first limbs I cut was maybe an 8 inch diameter Oak limb and it pinched. So, I had to go back to the house and get the tractor and lift the limb up with the bucket. The pole saw just dropped out. Didn't hurt it.

True, if you are just trimming apple trees or something it is likely not needed.

Pole saw operators QUICKLY learn that making a bottom cut first saves a LOT of time and frustration. Not to mention stripping down bark.
Then there's the dangers. cuz yeah I can cut just ONE more, higher, branch down............
And there you stand, right under the branch that springs back.
PS I've always wondered why they didn't build a pivot into the head so the blade could be adjusted to cut horizonal not at an angle.

1710601972101.png

I bought a echo extendable pole saw PPT-260 many years ago. One reason was it was real 2 stroke. Worked great and go to like 16' .
But didnt use it much over the years for homeowner land use.

I also bought a manual pole saw and later a battery pole saw for wife. Boy did those save me alot of work not having to follow wife around pointing out what she wanted out of trees.

So later on the gas one got sold. If was buying a again I would a echo again.

But check out the battery ones too. What my dad even went with for land farm use.

Own a PAS-280 set up now and love it but no saw head as wasnt needed.
I have an electric Kobalt. It works well for the amount of time I use it. But I wish someone would make a power lopper instead of a pole saw. That would be way more efficient for branches under 1.5" diameter. And flexing of the pole would be less of an issue.

Pole saw operators QUICKLY learn that making a bottom cut first saves a LOT of time and frustration.
PS I've always wondered why they didn't build a pivot into the head so the blade could be adjusted to cut horizonal not at an angle.

That is the exploded parts view not with a part number for the whole thing.

The Stihl manual shows how to do the bottom cut with essentially the kickback portion of the bar which should self-extract if not too far in.

Another danger is upon severing the branch the pole pruner goes lower than the branch that is free and the branch slides down the pole at the operator.

Efco has a pivoting head pole pruner, I got it on the no longer offered non extendable pole saw. It makes a nice extra long brush cutter with an added handle but isn't as helpful as expected. I suppose I used it some as it is to the point of buying another oiler assembly or putting a little hole in the bar and using a pump can. Changing the sprocket if anyone wears one out on a pole saw is a take it to the dealer according to the manual.

I have an electric Kobalt. It works well for the amount of time I use it. But I wish someone would make a power lopper instead of a pole saw. That would be way more efficient for branches under 1.5" diameter. And flexing of the pole would be less of an issue.
I swear I seen a hand held one of those so far run by batt over winter. Havent seen one on a pole yet.

Hmmmm need to look deeper to see.

Ryobi make a telescoping 18V lopper. Mine seems OK but a bit awkward when fully extended. Supposed to cut up to 32mm in green/soft wood.

Latest posts

Back