MS 200T straight gassed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a new AM carb , nothing at all . Then a OEM carb with the pump fixed , 4 turns out it would start but not much more . Busy day today , may try again tomorrow .

When she does start can you get any revs out of her, can you scream the engine or blip the throttle for any length of time?

If your carby is good, do you think you've got a fuel flow problem? Are you always opening the tank cap between test attempts - that will let the pressure in the tank equalise. If you've got a bad vent then reopening the tank will each time let the carb get to suck a drop more fuel. A bad vent could be eliminated by getting her started and have someone keep her running while you slowly loosen the fuel cap to let the tank always be at atmospheric pressure.

Is fuel filter + line flowing ok? I suppose you could eliminate a blockage by removing the filter , blowing the pipe etc...

Just trying to think of how to eliminate a fuel flow issue as your problem.

Hi Lone Wolf
Being the resident expert on these great little saws.....
What is the difference between the 020 and the MS200?I'm not talking about the 020 that looks like the 015.
I picked up an 020 this spring while i was in Ontario,it looks like the MS200's.
Thanks Thomas

Hi Lone Wolf
What is the difference between the 020 and the MS200?I'm not talking about the 020 that looks like the 015.
I picked up an 020 this spring while i was in Ontario,it looks like the MS200's.
Thanks Thomas
Only part I can think of different is the flippy caps on the 200T , carb and fuel lines are different too I guess , but all the parts swap .
Maybe Lone Wolf knows more ?

Got mine running finally !! Put the new intake boot back on , then another new AM carb from Dave .
What I really think was wrong , impulse line wasn't on , or only half way on maybe ? its so hard for me to see in there is why I think that . I also put a new impulse line on this round . Old one is stihl ok , but just to be sure I used a new one . It was also easier to see I had it on right .
Had to be something silly , just not nuff on these little things it could be .

Now onto Daves MS 460 , x-bils Husky 350s . Already put a new piston in a 028 today , after the 200T ran good . LOL Kinda busy fer a danged ol Slug . LOL

Lone wolf told me the OEM impulse line that we buy in 1 meter lengths from Stihl is a lot better than the AM line for that saw, just something to consider along with fuel filters where the AM might be subpar on occasion.
Dave

I have two that I just put fuel line on as I have a bunch of it around. works just fine and slides in and on pretty easy.
sometimes us cheap ol SOBs just cant resist being cheap !!!

Lone wolf told me the OEM impulse line that we buy in 1 meter lengths from Stihl is a lot better than the AM line for that saw, just something to consider along with fuel filters where the AM might be subpar on occasion.
Dave
Better put a meter of that in the next box for me . Sorry I haven't got to seeing what all is needed for your saws yet . Been busy pouring cement steps . LOL Cement pond would be nice bout now . LOL
Plus I finished a 028 you sent me the piston for , and this PIMA 200T . LOL I know your in no great hurry , but I am getting there !
Tomorrow I should get the 460 together , if nothing else happens round here ? LOL

Sure is a purdy crankcase ! 20160604_132632_HDR (1280x960).jpg

Got mine running finally !! Put the new intake boot back on , then another new AM carb from Dave .
What I really think was wrong , impulse line wasn't on , or only half way on maybe ? its so hard for me to see in there is why I think that . I also put a new impulse line on this round . Old one is stihl ok , but just to be sure I used a new one . It was also easier to see I had it on right .
Had to be something silly , just not nuff on these little things it could be .

Now onto Daves MS 460 , x-bils Husky 350s . Already put a new piston in a 028 today , after the 200T ran good . LOL Kinda busy fer a danged ol Slug . LOL
Prob impulse line.

Hi Lone Wolf
Thanks Thomas
Mainly different would be the transfer ports, the caps, the breather is in the tank on the 020 and uses a single fuel line . The later 200's use a dual fuel line and share the breather line that goes to a breather valve. . As a result of this the tank is different where the line goes. So now the top handle is different in that area where the breather valve sits and the 020 T handles have to be modified to accommodate where that would go or use like a smaller Echo breather. Not a deal breaker they can be swapped.

Mainly different would be the transfer ports, the caps, the breather is in the tank on the 020 and uses a single fuel line . The later 200's use a dual fuel line and share the breather line that goes to a breather valve. . As a result of this the tank is different where the line goes. So now the top handle is different in that area where the breather valve sits and the 020 T handles have to be modified to accommodate where that would go or use like a smaller Echo breather. Not a deal breaker they can be swapped.
Thanks
I'm going to assume the 200's have the better transfer ports?

Latest posts

Back