Ms 260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HittinSteel

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally traded in the 210 today for a 260. Went with a 16" bar .325 RSC chain. Can't wait to give it a workout this weekend :clap:

If anyone has a service manual and IPL I'd really appreciate it. I posted on the "Beg for" thread with no response.

attachment.php

I have to say.....I'm jealous. This is the saw I have been kicking around to go with my 440. I just can't decide if it is worth the extra coin to get the Pro or not. Are there any real bennefits to the pro over the standard for the average Joe fire wood cutter?:dizzy:

Pro

Don't waste your money on the "PRO" ms260. The ONLY differences are a decomp valve and adjustable oiler (and a sticker that says PRO).

On a saw that size, a decomp isn't needed, and an adjustable oiler isn't a "must-have" on a saw that's going to be running between a 16" and 20" bar.

I have an 026 non-pro, and am very happy with it.

Just my 2 cents.

Get the 260...you won't even remember how much extra it cost after the first tank. One heck of a limb saw. For a non pro it will most likely be the last 50cc saw you'll have to buy. WDO

Don't waste your money on the "PRO" ms260. The ONLY differences are a decomp valve and adjustable oiler (and a sticker that says PRO).

On a saw that size, a decomp isn't needed, and an adjustable oiler isn't a "must-have" on a saw that's going to be running between a 16" and 20" bar.

I have an 026 non-pro, and am very happy with it.

Just my 2 cents.

What he said

I have to say.....I'm jealous. This is the saw I have been kicking around to go with my 440. I just can't decide if it is worth the extra coin to get the Pro or not. Are there any real bennefits to the pro over the standard for the average Joe fire wood cutter?:dizzy:

that little bit more is worth it so you can run a 20" in hard wood and be able to adjust the oiler. i have the 260 and the pro model i have to say the pro seems to have a little more pulling abilatiy and i like the shiny pro sticker it's fun in when the sun is over head:check:

that little bit more is worth it so you can run a 20" in hard wood and be able to adjust the oiler. i have the 260 and the pro model i have to say the pro seems to have a little more pulling abilatiy and i like the shiny pro sticker it's fun in when the sun is over head:check:

The engine is identical. It's the sticker making if feel like it's pulling harder. And you'll never move the adjustable oiler off max. Waste of money.

The 260 will either get a 16 or 18. Most likely a 16. I have a 25 on the 440 so I am looking for a small light weight saw for limbing but I want to be able to run a 3/8 chain.

I think the Pro is only $20 more, so get it if you like. I will always use a 16" so I didn't think the oiler was needed and decomp is not necessary. If you like the sticker, I bet you can get it for less than $20 and slap it on. I have the 041 that weighs a TON but runs my 20" and RSC with authority for bucking up bigger rounds so the 260 will be my go to saw for most of my applications.

Latest posts

Back