MS 261 is on the site - a bit disapointed though

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that if you wanted a Husky you would have bought one, no doubt about it;
I don`t think you were wrong going for the 260
In fact if you love a saw, that is what you should get.
took me long to realize that;
in the end, you go to the woods alone with your saw and no arborist there to admire you or to criticize.

OMG! How will anyone ever stand that .6 lb difference? I guess that I had better hit the gym if I am going to buy one at some point. There is a lot of feedback here on the 261 and going by just the paper stats is a poor way to judge a saw. It has gotten great reviews by everyone that has actually used it.

That's cool then. Out of curiousity, what didn't you like about the 261? BTW, what's cheapened up on the 261 vs the 260? I honestly don't see that at all.

The biggest thing that I didn't like about the 261 is the air cleaner cover, that's where the Husky comment came from, just looks cheap to me.
Also couldn't tell any difference in the power of the saws, they both cut the same.

Are you sure they had equal chain on them, and the older 260 didn't have more time on it?

Such comparisons are easy to mess up.....;)

Both were new, gased for the first time, both had 16" bars with .325 chain, both were the yellow taged chains.
So I think it was a fair test.
Don't get me wrong, the 261 is a great saw, I just like the 260 better.

To my understanding the only difference between the two are an adjustable oiler and decompression valve on the 261. Which to me explains the added weight. I didnt see no other differences.. I bought the 260 because it was his last one and couldnt pass up the price

To my understanding the only difference between the two are an adjustable oiler and decompression valve on the 261. Which to me explains the added weight. I didnt see no other differences.. I bought the 260 because it was his last one and couldnt pass up the price

They are entirely different saws. About the only similiarity between them is their displacement.

Are you thinking about the differences between a 260 and 260 PRO? The 261 is a totally different saw.

I love how he discounts it because the one he looked at came with RMC chain. I bet if he was a decent dealer he would put any chain you wanted on there. BTW RMC chain does have its place and is great for someone who doesnt want to sharpen a chain as often or if they cut dirty wood.

Latest posts

Back