MS 261 is on the site - a bit disapointed though

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been browsing for a while, but only now they put the 261 on the site.

Arizona Machinery - Avondale, AZ 85392 PHOENIX - MS 261 Chain Saw

by the look of it, I am not impressed; sorry.

next to 346 XP:
60$ more expensive
0.6 lbs heavier
0.05 hp more power.
RMC chain

:popcorn:

Knew an old gal like that once. Wasn't much to look at. Boy when she fired up her motor though I wasn't disappointed at all,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Should never judge a book by its cover, saws either..

Knew an old gal like that once. Wasn't much to look at. Boy when she fired up her motor though I wasn't disappointed at all,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Should never judge a book by its cover, saws either..

Speaking of which, ya'll seen any of those bad boys yet? Local guy looked at me like I had a penis growing out of my forehead when asked.:monkey:

Both were new, gased for the first time, both had 16" bars with .325 chain, both were the yellow taged chains.
So I think it was a fair test.
Don't get me wrong, the 261 is a great saw, I just like the 260 better.

Yellow vs. green is one thing, RMC vs. RSC is another.....

Have been a big fan of 026 then 260 but am a bigger fan of my 261 by far!
I just need to sell my 026 and 260 so I can have a 2nd 261 :)

TT

Speaking of which, ya'll seen any of those bad boys yet? Local guy looked at me like I had a penis growing out of my forehead when asked.:monkey:

I gave my rep some hell the other day about that saw. I told him man yaw told me it was coming out late October and then it never came out. He goes I know I know. He's says this month now. Hell when I finally get em in nobody knows.

Remind me to take a look at your forehead the nextime your up this way, can't say I've ever heard of such things growing out da forehead,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I gave my rep some hell the other day about that saw. I told him man yaw told me it was coming out late October and then it never came out. He goes I know I know. He's says this month now. Hell when I finally get em in nobody knows.

Remind me to take a look at your forehead the nextime your up this way, can't say I've ever heard of such things growing out da forehead,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

:ices_rofl:

btw, snowing like a mother here, love it!:rock:

:ices_rofl:

btw, snowing like a mother here, love it!:rock:

We're suppose to get 3-5 inches here tomorrow, I hate snow. I'm too old for the cold weather. My bones are brittle and my mind is weak, my wrinkled skin is very delicate, shivers run up my old feet. What am I saying, I hate snow,LOLOL

Sounds like the makings of another song:)

Hmmm, maybe. Brad you got the saw bug bad, we all know that and thats all good. Tell ya what though, get your hands on a guitar and learn a few chords and you will find a hobby thats just as rewarding as saws and one you will spend the rest of your life trying to master. Its a great hobby man, you should give it a whirl.

Songs of today, oh how they make me weep, its that old time music I want to keep. Yup you may be right,LOL

2 1/2" on the ground and more coming in shortly!
Cleaned my driveway, the two older couples with serious health issues and the babysitter on the block. I hope we don't get much more, my back is already killing me and all I did was run the skid steer. Sucks being busted up and old!:hmm3grin2orange:

Hmmm, maybe. Brad you got the saw bug bad, we all know that and thats all good. Tell ya what though, get your hands on a guitar and learn a few chords and you will find a hobby thats just as rewarding as saws and one you will spend the rest of your life trying to master. Its a great hobby man, you should give it a whirl.

Songs of today, oh how they make me weep, its that old time music I want to keep. Yup you may be right,LOL

Actually I play saxophone and piano. I started piano as a little guy and took about 8 years of lesson, the last being when I was 19. I've played saxophone since 5th grade with 7 years of lessons. I scored a couple doozies of saxophones. I have both an alto and soprano Selmer Mark VI, best old vintage sax there is. Each one is worth probably $3,000-$5,000. I gave $800 for the alto as a junior in high school and $450 for the soprano about 10 years ago:) I rarely ever play the alto after buying the soprano. I love that horn.

2 1/2" on the ground and more coming in shortly!
Cleaned my driveway, the two older couples with serious health issues and the babysitter on the block. I hope we don't get much more, my back is already killing me and all I did was run the skid steer. Sucks being busted up and old!:hmm3grin2orange:

Be carefull there Red. Va Beach got hit with alot of snow a few weeks ago, something they aren't use to down there. Fellow who worked for Stihl Inc, been there 30 plus years, went out shoveling. They buried him 3 days later. He was 53 years old. Massive heart attack while shoveling. That snow is not something to be macho with, take it easy fooling with that dayumm stuff. I'm with ya on the old, we older folks hate snow!!!!!!!!

Actually I play saxophone and piano. I started piano as a little guy and took about 8 years of lesson, the last being when I was 19. I've played saxophone since 5th grade with 7 years of lessons. I scored a couple doozies of saxophones. I have both an alto and soprano Selmer Mark VI, best old vintage sax there is. Each one is worth probably $3,000-$5,000. I gave $800 for the alto as a junior in high school and $450 for the soprano about 10 years ago:) I rarely ever play the alto after buying the soprano. I love that horn.

Cool. Music is the sound of life man, everyone loves music. Try your hand at guitar sometime. Talk about frustration, they are tuff to learn but challenging as hell, I like em and I can't play worth a hoot. I dig trying and refuse to give up, its fun...

To my understanding the only difference between the two are an adjustable oiler and decompression valve on the 261. Which to me explains the added weight. I didnt see no other differences.. I bought the 260 because it was his last one and couldnt pass up the price

My 260 has the adjustable oilier and a compression release, it's the PRO model.

Nope, you wont see a shovel in my hands Tom! Can't do it anymore, just cant! I got the skid steer out and did what I could with it, nothing more! But with my busted back, it hurts even looking at a shovel!

Latest posts

Back