MS 270 Back from the dealer and its still broken

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not an alter ego, so you all can quit worrying about being trolled any longer.

Though you do a good job schooling up....

So much for thinking someone (who is aware) would speak up and say, they know of some history on the model, and share. Thanks for the PM's from you that sent them. Glad some thoughts came though PM that were useful, and on topic.

READ first, flame second.

Go back and re-read, if you have to, to realize I was ready to leave it back on the first page. I had no inteniton of CONTINUING to rip on the dealer.

FISH, on the other hand seems to take offense when he first posted he though it was a fuel problem -and I might have been trolling. My reply was to point out- you didn't read the posts.

Still haven't.

But its okay. Ok if you want to believe I'm an idiot. Ok to dislike my character, ok to continue to flame on and on and on. OK to think you know more about equipment, business, hell- everything.

I don't really care.

Apparently you do. You're weak.

I am not an alter ego, so you all can quit worrying about being trolled any longer.

Though you do a good job schooling up....

So much for thinking someone (who is aware) would speak up and say, they know of some history on the model, and share. Thanks for the PM's from you that sent them. Glad some thoughts came though PM that were useful, and on topic.

READ first, flame second.

Go back and re-read, if you have to, to realize I was ready to leave it back on the first page. I had no inteniton of CONTINUING to rip on the dealer.

FISH, on the other hand seems to take offense when he first posted he though it was a fuel problem -and I might have been trolling. My reply was to point out- you didn't read the posts.

Still haven't.

But its okay. Ok if you want to believe I'm an idiot. Ok to dislike my character, ok to continue to flame on and on and on. OK to think you know more about equipment, business, hell- everything.

I don't really care.

Apparently you do. You're weak.
Want a tissue or a pacifier? :) :clap:

attachment.php
:monkey:

Still haven't.

[/QUOTE]

Which post/posts would make anyone think that it was an ignition problem?

We are talking about the 270, right???? Not the Kombi/reason for the rant....

You're never going to catch on

.... well. lets jst say you can't spit the hook.

FISH, one last reply, just for you.

Check the FIRST post, then 21, 31 and 45.

Or don't.

YES, the saw now has a fuel delivery problem. And if you had checked the saw for proper operation after completeing warranty service, you would have had to have the service writer give me ring to relay your thought on what the problem is, and see if I wanted it repaired (at my expense, which would have been understood).

What would you do when you ran across a dry, brand new, spark plug?

I can guess what it is you polish.....

GeeVee, I own a 270 and would have been glad to tell you my thoughts on your problem. But I did not see in your previous posts that you were seeking any advice from me (and this forum) regarding what might fix your saw.

What I gathered reading your posts was that you knew what was wrong with the saw and you did not like your dealer. What did I miss?

What I gathered reading your posts was that you knew what was wrong with the saw and you did not like your dealer. What did I miss?

I took his rants as: I have too much money to work on my own stuff and I will pay someone to figure out what I already know.

That's not a bad thing($$$$) but sure not something to brag about....

I took his rants as: I have too much money to work on my own stuff and I will pay someone to figure out what I already know.

That's not a bad thing($$$$) but sure not something to brag about....

Ok lets look at it this way -

Lets say you make $150 an hour.

Shop time is what - $40 - $60 an hour.

So if you work on your own stuff you would be potentially losing money by working on your own equipment.

For some people working on your own equipment saves money, but to others it costs them money.

Ok lets look at it this way -

Lets say you make $150 an hour.

Shop time is what - $40 - $60 an hour.

So if you work on your own stuff you would be potentially losing money by working on your own equipment.

For some people working on your own equipment saves money, but to others it costs them money.

What? I believe if you know how to work/repair your own equipment, you sure as he** don't lose money. That $$$ never leaves your pocket because you fixed it yourself, so you never lost or gained.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: or did you gain and lose:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Go Poulan

What? I believe if you know how to work/repair your own equipment, you sure as he** don't lose money. That $$$ never leaves your pocket because you fixed it yourself, so you never lost or gained.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: or did you gain and lose:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Go Poulan

You're not looking at all sides of it.

Why would you do something that basically costs $40 - $60 yourself when you could be making $150 in the same amount of time?

Lets look at it this way -

Lets say you only make $20 an hour. The repair costs $50. You will have to work 2.5 hours just to make up the cost for that repair - hence - cheaper for you to do it yourself.

Now lets say you make $150 an hour. You drop off the saw or whatever at the shop and go to work. It costs you $50 to have the repair done. So - while you were at work you still made money because you make more per hour than the shop time. You made enough money to pay for the repair bill in 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Why would you do something that basically costs $40 - $60 yourself when you could be making $150 in the same amount of time?

Because.. you don't typcialy make $150 every hour of the day...or every day. Several pro around here declare 1 day a week for "maintenance"...

I would go into that guys shop on his busiest day at his busiest time of year and FREAK OUUUUT!

Seriously, thats why I don't have any Stihls There used to be 2 dealers in my area, and they were both jerks. The one guy retired, and the other guys sons have taken over his old shop and made it into a larger multy brand dealer. I bought a Toro push mower from them, and wasn't real impressed with them. Now that I'm into saws I wouldn't do business with them.

There are 2 newer dealers near me now, that I haven't been to cause I can't get over my first impression of those 2 old timers.

Kind of like me and Chevy trucks. I got burned on a new 2002 Siverado 1500. I would never in my life ever buy anything that said GMC on it again. Thats just the way I am.

Because.. you don't typcialy make $150 every hour of the day...or every day.

Many professions do though - or they can average out to that. Still - why would you want to do something like mow your lawn when you can be out making more money than what it costs to have someone mow the lawn for you?

Many professions do though - or they can average out to that. Still - why would you want to do something like mow your lawn when you can be out making more money than what it costs to have someone mow the lawn for you?
Because the relaxation and mind clearing time you yield from mowing your lawn will make you more productive when you do return to your normal profession.

Because the relaxation and mind clearing time you yield from mowing your lawn will make you more productive when you do return to your normal profession.

Yup, my thoughts also. This plays a important role when you are burnt out on doing the same thing 24/7. Most guys have "projects" to calm the stress from their day job, I have quite a few, LOL.

Yep..I mow my own lawn

My neighbors watches the hispanic crew mow his... I guess he's thinking of all the money he could be making if he wasn't watching them:greenchainsaw:

Lets look at it this way -

Lets say you only make $20 an hour. The repair costs $50. You will have to work 2.5 hours just to make up the cost for that repair - hence - cheaper for you to do it yourself.

Now lets say you make $150 an hour. You drop off the saw or whatever at the shop and go to work. It costs you $50 to have the repair done. So - while you were at work you still made money because you make more per hour than the shop time. You made enough money to pay for the repair bill in 20 minutes.

Good point but most pros have several saws, heck I got several and just do it on the weekends. That way, when one breaks you can put it up for the later on beer drinkin' time and grab another to cut with.

Good point but most pros have several saws, heck I got several and just do it on the weekends. That way, when one breaks you can put it up for the later on beer drinkin' time and grab another to cut with.

WHO SAID I WAS TALKING ABOUT LOGGERS?

Latest posts

Back