MS 361 or 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas, I gave you a chance to come clean and you blew it. How do you sleep at night?? Let me guess, just like most other stihl dealers, on a pile of ill gotten swag with many beautiful ladies.
I could switch to CDs but somehow I think the song would remain the same. See you on the flip side you funky, funky southern cat!

Well Cent don't take offence, you are what you are and yes I take pleasure pointing it out, tant my fault you make it so easy for me,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It's sad a man has to own six 372's, most loggers around here get by with just one Stihl, either a 440,441 or 660. You get more than just a great performing engine with a Stihl, you get a case that will hold up for as long as the owner does. Tommy, hell, ignore the man, you can't help Stihl has a complete line up of quality, all designed for a purpose. Husky just hasn't had a saw in recent years that compares to the 361/362. I'll just take my poor ole Southern azz to the woods again this fall along with my little 361 and have the confidence it will reach over 500 cords cut at a minimun this fall in accumalitive use, I have no doubt it will get thru the upcoming year and many more, it might even need a spark plug some day.

Even though I think the 361 just might be the best firewood saw Stihl has ever built, if buying a saw today, I'd prolly go with the 362, expierenced guys on here that have used both say they have a wider power band, a little more torque and the air filtration and fuel consumption is great. Their is a reason it weights a little more, more metal. Fact is, that with either one you can't go wrong. Unless you are a logger, or doing large tree removals a 361/362 will do anything that 99 percent of the guys on AS would want them to do.
For most, their is no need for the 70/80/90 cc saws other than, hey I own xxx saw and it'll cut through the 22" oak 1.4 seconds faster, just a guy thing or as some call it cad.

It's sad a man has to own six 372's, most loggers around here get by with just one Stihl, either a 440,441 or 660. You get more than just a great performing engine with a Stihl, you get a case that will hold up for as long as the owner does. Tommy, hell, ignore the man, you can't help Stihl has a complete line up of quality, all designed for a purpose. Husky just hasn't had a saw in recent years that compares to the 361/362. I'll just take my poor ole Southern azz to the woods again this fall along with my little 361 and have the confidence it will reach over 500 cords cut at a minimun this fall in accumalitive use, I have no doubt it will get thru the upcoming year and many more, it might even need a spark plug some day.

Even though I think the 361 just might be the best firewood saw Stihl has ever built, if buying a saw today, I'd prolly go with the 362, expierenced guys on here that have used both say they have a wider power band, a little more torque and the air filtration and fuel consumption is great. Their is a reason it weights a little more, more metal. Fact is, that with either one you can't go wrong. Unless you are a logger, or doing large tree removals a 361/362 will do anything that 99 percent of the guys on AS would want them to do.
For most, their is no need for the 70/80/90 cc saws other than, hey I own xxx saw and it'll cut through the 22" oak 1.4 seconds faster, just a guy thing or as some call it cad.

Shoot man I can't ignore Cent, he's too much fun. What tickles me is he's so easy to find. Someone asks what saw they should or shouldn't buy ole Cent is right there with his anti Stihl non-sense, buy a Husky, buy a Dolmar, forget the Stihl's, get a real saw and on and on, hell he's easier to find than a needle in a haystack,LOLOLOL

Last edited:
I ended up buying the 361. I guess the 10% savings was more a kicker than anything else. Also it is a proven saw over and over. I did a quick compare of the 2 362/361 and really could not see much difference. I did not look at the air filter portion though.

I did ask why they had 361's left as most dealers do not have any. They told me they bought the last shipment from Stihl USA on the 361's. They have many loggers who wanted them to keep a few in stock.

There is only 1 left and according to them, probably the only one in the US.

Bucked up a few logs with it and was happy. I could not bring myself to put Husky oil in a Stihl, so bought another couple gallons of Stihl. I guess I just wait till I run out of Husky oil on my other 2 saws and just run Stihl oil...:)

Congratulations, either way, you would have done well. I know a dealer that stihl has some 361's on the shelf. Bought yourself a fantastic saw. Good luck safe cutting, rep sent on the new 361.

I ended up buying the 361. I guess the 10% savings was more a kicker than anything else. Also it is a proven saw over and over. I did a quick compare of the 2 362/361 and really could not see much difference. I did not look at the air filter portion though.

I did ask why they had 361's left as most dealers do not have any. They told me they bought the last shipment from Stihl USA on the 361's. They have many loggers who wanted them to keep a few in stock.

There is only 1 left and according to them, probably the only one in the US.

Bucked up a few logs with it and was happy. I could not bring myself to put Husky oil in a Stihl, so bought another couple gallons of Stihl. I guess I just wait till I run out of Husky oil on my other 2 saws and just run Stihl oil...:)

Great job. I am late to this thread, but you got yourself a FINE saw with the 361.

I like older proven designs and I think were my back a little younger, I'd have bought one. I wound-up with a MS260 for my last saw buy. Really nice saw and like the 361 a solid proven design.

Bill

Latest posts

Back