MS 361 or 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna 372xp while you can. Great saw! The ms361 needs a muffler mod just to get out of its own way. Haven’t even seen a 362, but knowing what stihl did to the ms440 with the ms441, the ms362 is much worse. Why piddle around? Get a real saw and be a happy camper.

Ya can't go wrong with either one. If you want the 361, might want to act fast. They are no longer produced and the dealer's stock is drying up quick.

Husqvarna 372xp while you can. Great saw! The ms361 needs a muffler mod just to get out of its own way. Haven’t even seen a 362, but knowing what stihl did to the ms440 with the ms441, the ms362 is much worse. Why piddle around? Get a real saw and be a happy camper.

Haven't even seen a 362, the 362 is much worse. Whats wrong with this picture. Oh wait, its you Cent, well hell it makes sense now,LOLOL I can't say much myself though, I've never met you but I feel certain your FOS,(full of schit),:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I have an MS 361, new saw as of yesterday. Spent the first full day cutting with it, and I have to say this is one nice saw.

There's another recent, similar thread here I started, asking for similar advice:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=133550

There are a handful of people who've cut with the 362 that weighed in, and are satisfied with the saw. There was also some good advice, re. using the well-proven MS 361, which in the end I took...

I've run five tanks of fuel through the saw as of this afternoon, no hiccups, not a single negative. Today's work consisted of clearing six large snags caused by recent flooding, shaving down three large stumps ranging from 22" to 30" in diameter, felling two diseased live oak trees in the 28" range, and clearing damaged limbs from oak, cedar elm, cypress and cottonwood.

Nothing I put in front of the bar slowed me down, and aside from stopping to refill the fuel and oil tanks, and an occasional chain adjustment the saw performed flawlessly. This one is equipped with a 20" bar and RSC3 chain.

Haven't even seen a 362, the 362 is much worse. Whats wrong with this picture. Oh wait, its you Cent, well hell it makes sense now,LOLOL I can't say much myself though, I've never met you but I feel certain your FOS,(full of schit),:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Thomas, you old stihl spieler. Happy Earth Day. How the hell have you been? Don’t you salesman ever get tired telling the working man what opinions we should have about your products?? Since you are in such a talkative mood tonight, how are your vacuum sales this month? How many units did you sell and what did you clear on them..net??
According to my less than local stihl dealer, the ms362 is a myth and I think he will maintain that until he has sold out of ms361s. As far as my judgment on stihl products, I can only go by what I have personally used. The ms440 was a great saw. The ms441….well let’s just say that that saw must be a little to “refined” for the working man cuz nobody in the working world wants anything to do with it. Did stihl do the same to the ms362?? It’s not that we don’t trust your opinion on the subject, but somehow, I think you might have a little more interest in selling said saw, than actually using said saw. Not to worry. As soon as I can get one, I will give all an unbiased opinion.

See if your local shop has the 361 if not that makes your choice easy.The 362 weighs as much as the 70ccs so thats sumpin to think about. If they got them both play with them then decide.

Thomas, you old stihl spieler. Happy Earth Day. How the hell have you been? Don’t you salesman ever get tired telling the working man what opinions we should have about your products?? Since you are in such a talkative mood tonight, how are your vacuum sales this month? How many units did you sell and what did you clear on them..net??
According to my less than local stihl dealer, the ms362 is a myth and I think he will maintain that until he has sold out of ms361s. As far as my judgment on stihl products, I can only go by what I have personally used. The ms440 was a great saw. The ms441….well let’s just say that that saw must be a little to “refined” for the working man cuz nobody in the working world wants anything to do with it. Did stihl do the same to the ms362?? It’s not that we don’t trust your opinion on the subject, but somehow, I think you might have a little more interest in selling said saw, than actually using said saw. Not to worry. As soon as I can get one, I will give all an unbiased opinion.

Well Cent the vac biz has been slow but trimmers, blowers and saws are rolling out the door at a much better pace than this time last year, apparently the ecomony is finally picking up.

If your dealer is still sitting on 361's maybe I should come up there and show him how to move them. Hell I sold out of 361's months ago. Course I'm sure you cats up there wouldn't know how to take a real cat from the DC area, man yaw would be like tossing fish in a bucket,LOLOL

The 362 is no myth. I've seen and I've use it too. Guess thats enuff to give me the edge over you on opinion huh since you haven't seen one, yup I got one on ya there. Nice saw, does real well in the cut. Much broader power in the cut than the older 361. A tad heavier but unless your a real woose the weight shouldn't even be noticeable.

So you say get a real saw, a 372, well Cent I did just that a few years ago, sadly done sold it, I guess I got one of those made on Friday at quitting time saws. Man I needed Exxon to keep it full of oil, seen smaller spills in the Atlantic than what that saw leaked, did run well though, durn shame they didn't build a saw around that motor,haha

Well Cent the vac biz has been slow but trimmers, blowers and saws are rolling out the door at a much better pace than this time last year, apparently the ecomony is finally picking up.

If your dealer is still sitting on 361's maybe I should come up there and show him how to move them. Hell I sold out of 361's months ago. Course I'm sure you cats up there wouldn't know how to take a real cat from the DC area, man yaw would be like tossing fish in a bucket,LOLOL

The 362 is no myth. I've seen and I've use it too. Guess thats enuff to give me the edge over you on opinion huh since you haven't seen one, yup I got one on ya there. Nice saw, does real well in the cut. Much broader power in the cut than the older 361. A tad heavier but unless your a real woose the weight shouldn't even be noticeable.

So you say get a real saw, a 372, well Cent I did just that a few years ago, sadly done sold it, I guess I got one of those made on Friday at quitting time saws. Man I needed Exxon to keep it full of oil, seen smaller spills in the Atlantic than what that saw leaked, did run well though, durn shame they didn't build a saw around that motor,haha

No offense but we cats up here want nothing to do with “you all” southern folks. Hell I got kin in Warrenton but don’t really communicate with them unless someone needs marrying or burying. Nice country, but man, last time I was down south, it was all chopped to hell. No pride at all in that area of the US.

I think I own 6 or 7 372xps in some form or another. Never had a single problem with any of them. Most were bought through the mail. Yup, bashed and battered by UPS or USPS, bolt on the bar, mix and oil and 6 pulls you are making money. You own one and had nothing but problems. Tell us, if you here a husky dealer, would you have had the same issues?? It has been some time, but my drunken mind seem to recall that you might have used that very 372xp to do a little Stihl spieling on this very website. Be honest!

No offense but we cats up here want nothing to do with “you all” southern folks. Hell I got kin in Warrenton but don’t really communicate with them unless someone needs marrying or burying. Nice country, but man, last time I was down south, it was all chopped to hell. No pride at all in that area of the US.

I think I own 6 or 7 372xps in some form or another. Never had a single problem with any of them. Most were bought through the mail. Yup, bashed and battered by UPS or USPS, bolt on the bar, mix and oil and 6 pulls you are making money. You own one and had nothing but problems. Tell us, if you here a husky dealer, would you have had the same issues?? It has been some time, but my drunken mind seem to recall that you might have used that very 372xp to do a little Stihl spieling on this very website. Be honest!

:popcorn::popcorn:

Feelings are mutual Cent, glad you feel that way. The biggest differance between you and me is I know what I'm talking about and you, well with you, its the same ole same ole BS. Hell I'm about the only guy that answers you, the rest tend to let you beller and move on,hehe

Be honest about my 372, ok, it was a POS, thats as honest as I can put it. I didn't have many problems with it, it ran good. Just happened to have a defective crankcase right out the box. Course now its my fault, why according to you they do no wrong, play that scratched record some more Cent,LOLOLOLOL

Feelings are mutual Cent, glad you feel that way. The biggest differance between you and me is I know what I'm talking about and you, well with you, its the same ole same ole BS. Hell I'm about the only guy that answers you, the rest tend to let you beller and move on,hehe

Be honest about my 372, ok, it was a POS, thats as honest as I can put it. I didn't have many problems with it, it ran good. Just happened to have a defective crankcase right out the box. Course now its my fault, why according to you they do no wrong, play that scratched record some more Cent,LOLOLOLOL

No I Didn't Hire CentaurG2 To Keep You Honest While I Wuz At Camp!:monkey:

No I Didn't Hire CentaurG2 To Keep You Honest While I Wuz At Camp!:monkey:

Haha, good thing Muffler, ole Cent couldn't keep me anything, he's too busy playing that ole scratched record of his,LOLOL

Muffler you keep outta the Arb Site jail ya hear, you cost me a big penny bailing you out all the time,:cheers::cheers:

Thomas, I gave you a chance to come clean and you blew it. How do you sleep at night?? Let me guess, just like most other stihl dealers, on a pile of ill gotten swag with many beautiful ladies.
I could switch to CDs but somehow I think the song would remain the same. See you on the flip side you funky, funky southern cat!

Back