MS 362 Availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fwfa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a 362...I own a few acres of land, I am constantly having to clear or cut down something. Tired of throwing away those trees so I plan on cutting them up for other uses.

I went to the two local dealers in town and neither had a MS362 in stock. One had a used MS441 they wanted to sell for 600/no warranty and the other wanted to sell me the MS261. I figured if i had to purchase by order anyway I would check to see if anyone had any good online dealers they liked. Plus I was curious what most people have been paying for them.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
New Stihl's are not available for online sales. Most low volume Stihl dealers do not stock the pro saws. My local Ace Hardware has a 441 and 460 collecting dust for over 2 years, and now only takes orders for any pro models.

Thanks for the replys...age of 441

Hey guys thanks for the reply...helps a lot.
How could I tell the age of the MS441 the local shop was trying to sell me for 600. Anything printed on the case???

:newbie:

Last edited:
where are you? the three dealers near my house all have numerous 362's. saws are not selling well here so there is plenty to look at on the shelf, which is why i haven't seen the 261. too many 260's on the shelf. the 362 retails around $700, just picked up a 441 new for $850, and the 260 is about $500. With the bad economy ask the salesman to throw in a few essentials if you buy a new saw, worked out good for me.

the 441 was introduced around 2006 so it won't be too old, the important question is whether it was used professionally or a fire wood guy found out it was too much saw and traded down.

looking to purchase a 362...i own a few acres of land it i constantly am having to clear or cut down something. Tired of throwing away those trees so i plan on cutting them up for other uses.

I went to the two local dealers in town and neither had a ms362 in stock. One had a used ms441 they wanted to sell for 600/no warranty and the other wanted to sell me the ms261. I figured if i had to purchase by order anyway i would check to see if anyone had any good online dealers they liked. Plus i was curious what most people have been paying for them.

Thanks in advance

all the saw listed are nice
i have a ms362 and im happy with it
ms441 $600 nice price but no warranty would scare me away,
more so comeing from stihl dealer shelf used or not should
only takes them 30-60 mins go through and know whats up with saw

The few dealers I have bought used saws from, offer a 30 day warranty.
Ask him for a 30 day warranty, if he says no then ask him whats wrong with it.

TT

check out blsnelling's thread on the 261, can't figure out how to link it yet but it is fairly new if you search the 261. from what Ive read on AS, and seen on youtube this guy knows chainsaws. might be worth looking into, convinced me that the 261 will be my next saw.

Lots of good responses

Well Dang...

You guys are on it...:clap:

I live just north east of Atlanta and have not seen the 362s anywhere but I will take the advice about the 441 and see if they will through in a warranty. Really good point..if a dealer repair shop will not warranty then there has to be an issue.

I will look harder at the 261 but I was thinking of doing some milling with the small wood that is always coming down or in need of coming down around my land. That is why I was looking at the 362. Not a huge saw but maybe big enough for 8" milling.

Thanks again...great site

Last edited:
MS 362 Found Local

Found one local for 643..heading Saturday to pick it up......:greenchainsaw:

Thanks again for the help...

if they have more than one don't let them know you called and tell'em since you had to drive so far you think a couple of chains, couple of bottles of ultra and a gallon of bar oil are in order

Latest posts

Back