Ms 391 tune up kit ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlman27

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a tune up kit for my ms 391 I found some but they don't come with the round air filter that my saw takes just wondering if there are any out there that come with the round d air filter

Looking for a tune up kit for my ms 391 I found some but they don't come with the round air filter that my saw takes just wondering if there are any out there that come with the round d air filter
i'll check tomorrow. going to the stihl shop and my guy is pretty good with stuff. i'm over near east berlin. i see your close by.

found it on part smart but not tech bullentins here is filter number for the round filter 1141 120 1600

Farmersteve I live in the Manchester area, and yeah thanks guys I can't believe they don't sell the round filters in the tune up kits unless those other air filters are like a universal air filter

Just looked up the part number and its saying its for a 261-291 so why would they put a air filter for a 261-291 on a 391 saw doesn't make much sense to me

Farmersteve I live in the Manchester area, and yeah thanks guys I can't believe they don't sell the round filters in the tune up kits unless those other air filters are like a universal air filter
what do you need for a tune-up? i usually just change the plug and air filter. iv'e seen the tune up kits but never looked to see what was in them.

Air filter fuel filter fuel line and spark plug is all I see in them but now I'm having a hard time finding a fuel line I can find them for a 390 bit no 391 aren't they pretty identicle besides better fuel economy?

Air filter fuel filter fuel line and spark plug is all I see in them but now I'm having a hard time finding a fuel line I can find them for a 390 bit no 391 aren't they pretty identicle besides better fuel economy?
i'll check with my guy tomorrow. it's a plain folks saw shop and the guy knows his poop.
unless you are having trouble i wouldn't worry about the fuel line.

So again back to the air filter makes me wonder why they put a 261 air filter on a 391.
how new is your 391? my saw guy pulled the cover on a new 391 and it has a round filter .the # on that filter was 1141-120-1300 b. the guy that handles most of that stuff was off for a funeral today. i saw the tune-up kit for a 391 and it had a square ? type filter. they did not have the new type filter in stock.
edit: i also saw the kit for the 261 and it was a totally different round filter.

how new is your 391? my saw guy pulled the cover on a new 391 and it has a round filter .the # on that filter was 1141-120-1300 b. the guy that handles most of that stuff was off for a funeral today. i saw the tune-up kit for a 391 and it had a square ? type filter. they did not have the new type filter in stock.
edit: i also saw the kit for the 261 and it was a totally different round filter.
Oh my I bought it last year around this time give or take I hope I bought the right filter lol

glad you found the right one. keep watchin the chainsaw forum for updates on the PA GTG. usually sometime inearly may. u can't be more than 25 minutes from east berlin.
If you don't mind me asking what's a gtg? And from my place depending where at in east Berlin I can be there in 20 minutes I'm about 15 minutes from the Dover square

If you don't mind me asking what's a gtg? And from my place depending where at in east Berlin I can be there in 20 minutes I'm about 15 minutes from the Dover square
the best way todescribe a GTG is it's a chainsaw party.:laugh: i can be in the dover square in 15 minutes from this end too. i'm over at the west end of davidsburg road.

Back