ms 440 starving for fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an ms 440 that seems to be starving for fuel. i was cutting a tree and got pinched and stuck pretty bad and after i got it out it was running real fast not and the chain wouldnt stop and not it went the opposite direction it is starving for fuel i changed the fuel line and filter with no change. if i slowly feather the throttle up it will come up to speed but it if i hit it fast it will just stall out in what i believe is a no fuel condition.

Thanks Wayne

by fast i mean it wouldnt idle down and now it acts like its starving for fuel put in a new fuel filter and fuel line and its still acting like its starving for fuel it will stall as soon as i pull the throttle but if i slowly feather it up to full throttle it will come up to full speed.

wayne

In between the carb and the cylinder there is a black rubber manifold and a black rubber tube below that. I would guess that you either disconnected/tore the impulse line, or tore the intake manifold when you wrenched on the saw to get it un-stuck. Do not run the saw until repaired or it will grenade.

In between the carb and the cylinder there is a black rubber manifold and a black rubber tube below that. I would guess that you either disconnected/tore the impulse line, or tore the intake manifold when you wrenched on the saw to get it un-stuck. Do not run the saw until repaired or it will grenade.

I believe oscar4883 is on to something here:rock: . He deserves a rep for that one :clap:. Let's see, where did I put them? :Eye:v:Eye:

Bingo, you know your stuff!!!

I have an ms 440 that seems to be starving for fuel. i was cutting a tree and got pinched and stuck pretty bad and after i got it out it was running real fast NOT and the chain wouldnt stop and NOT it went the opposite direction it is starving for fuel i changed the fuel line and filter with no change. if i slowly feather the throttle up it will come up to speed but it if i hit it fast it will just stall out in what i believe is a no fuel condition.

Thanks Wayne

Need a translator...

Gary

Call Jethro Bodine. He is a double NOT spy. He may be able to translate. I sure know I coupldn't:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back