ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many dealers are sold out but there are a few left new at dealers in mid tn. The 440 may be the best saw of all time in my book. Many will say the original 372 is but I prefer the 440. Plus if u ever run a 440 with a ported 460 top end it will leave no doubt what the best saw for 95% of stuff is:rock:

I'm sure some folks here have 1 or 2 "stuck back". Finding one for sale at a dealer would be challenging, for sure, but possibly doable. Good luck.

If you want one, start calling dealerships around you now. The dealer here blew their last 440s out the door at a discount. Only 441s now

When I was in Madsen's a couple months ago I got all excited when I saw 440 boxes back in the racks behind the counter. The counter guy got a good laugh when I asked about them. Turns out they were just storing stuff in the boxes. I haven't seen a new 440 anywhere in a couple years.

heck around here the few stihl dealers that there are all still have 440's. i'm not sure if the 460 is rare to some by now but they all have those also along with all the newer saws. same with the husky dealers. some NOS pre xtorq 372's along with the new xtorqs. my grandpa's old shop has one pre xtorq left. NOS, never used, never fueled, absolutely minty. I know others with NOS saws as well. there's a shop 3 hrs away from me which has NOS 3120's. sure the design hasn't changed but after a few years it is still considered NOS (to them anyways) because the id tag says it's 4 years old. they are selling them for $1100 but I ain't tell'n no one. im'a score me them saws one day :D they seem to not be selling fast cause last time I was in there the guy had 5 left and the year before that he had 7. he sold 2 in a year. I still got some time :cheers:

I know one dealer that had one on the shelf a month or so back when I was picking up parts.

I got a 044. im just going to go threw it. get it back close to new again. maybe evan ported. thanks for al suggestions.

To any in this thread that said they have been to dealers recently with 440s. Please either post that info or pm me.

Thank you kindly.

For the price the 441 is a better saw and with a 25" bar or less will keep up with a 460 and use a lot less fuel, plus the a/v is far superior. I use both saws and prefer running my 441 if cutting for extended periods and it is not mtronic.

Latest posts

Back