Ms 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny you say no m tronic i talked to the stihl reps last month at the tcia expo in baltimore and that was there main "marketing" thing about the 661 that it was indeed m tronic.

There are a number of 661 test saws out there including those fitted with M Tronic AND fuel injection but I've been led to believe the first lot of 661's to be released will be the good old standard carby. Probably a Chinese Zama :)
There are even some of the new Husky test saws out there with bolt on external boost ports. Now that is pretty cool :)

Does the 461 use the same muffler as the 460? And i wonder if theyll will use the same muffler for the 661 as the 660? It would be nice to put the factory dp muffler cover on these saws, especially if they do end up offering an mtronic option!

They are indeed being tested and seem to be popular. All I know is that they aren't M-Tronic but their transfers are an integral part of the case. From what I've heard they run from the cylinder and align with ports into the crankcase so are a fair bit longer than a normal 660's transfers. They should have good torque but may be difficult to modify extensively without cracking the case.
Will have to wait and see I suppose :)

There are a number of 661 test saws out there including those fitted with M Tronic AND fuel injection but I've been led to believe the first lot of 661's to be released will be the good old standard carby. Probably a Chinese Zama
There are even some of the new Husky test saws out there with bolt on external boost ports. Now that is pretty cool

Thanks, so very similar to the 461 then? I would buy a fuel injected one if it was offered.

I have a few official pics of the 661, but I don't think I am allowed to post them up here. :jester: There is a rubber grommet where the carb screws should be, but not ANY holes in it. Yes, spring A/V and flippy caps. Traditional style muffler with bolt-on front. Looks pretty much like a 461. I'll ask if I can post the pics, but I'm thinking it's a no.

I have a few official pics of the 661, but I don't think I am allowed to post them up here. :jester: There is a rubber grommet where the carb screws should be, but not ANY holes in it. Yes, spring A/V and flippy caps. Traditional style muffler with bolt-on front. Looks pretty much like a 461. I'll ask if I can post the pics, but I'm thinking it's a no.

You can't put em up...that sucks...want my e-mail? That's not posting now is it?

:popcorn:

thats ok email them to me and i'll post them :big_smile:

This is bull####..,.........you tease:ah:

I think pics are in order.... if it looks like a 461 that means it will look like a sports car!!! I love the 441 I own but I have a 90cc spot that needs attention lol

I love my 660 but if the 661 has fuel injection or M-Tronic, I will consider trading up. I love my 441 RCM !!

275320d1359070314-03-jpg

275318d1359070310-01-jpg

275319d1359070312-02-jpg

Latest posts

Back