MS 880 meets DCHotsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Brad......I admit it. Ricky is the best saw builder in the world......Dennis is an #######......and I don't know Jack ####.

Happy?

:hmm3grin2orange:

How would u know? Ricky has been building saws since like 84'? How many years have u been building them? He did all the experimenting on his own saws and rarely built saws for others. Think what u want.

Even with my ribbing of DC in all good hearted fun...Ricky does have respect for him and what he does. They both came from different environments and are successful doing what they do.

Last edited:
Even with my ribbing of DC in all good hearted fun...Ricky does have respect for him and what he does. They both came from different environments and are successful doing what they do.

So the big question is have each of them built a saw that has ran at the same event in the same class? If not then there is no gosh darn way anyone can say who is the better builder.

If the two have not met in the same venue then why in the heck argue a point that has no end?

Read this whole thread and here's what I've learned:

A site sponsor thinks 1 site sponsor is going to die before ??? and another site sponsor is ignorant.

:sucks::sucks::sucks::sucks::sucks:

How would u know? Ricky has been building saws since like 84'? How many years have u been building them? He did all the experimenting on his own saws and rarely built saws for others. Think what u want.

Hold up there dude.

I'm not saying Ricky doesn't build a great saw.......he does.

You coming along and kicking DC in the nuts in his own thread sorta sucks though.....even if he is an ass hole.

I've been building saws for about three years now......it ain't rocket surgery no matter what everyone thinks. :hmm3grin2orange:

Hi Eric. :rock:

And all this time I thought I was being really smart, thanks for killing my pride Randy...

Well now Jasha there's more to the story than three years of saw building. I went to trade school to be a auto mechanic, took several small engine courses, worked as a mechanic on flat rate for a year or so, and then drag raced and built engines for a long while. Saws are just fun to work on. :)

:heart:ECsaws likes this

Hey bcorradi...... do you have any Rickysaws?.....or are you runnin ECsaws?......Hahahahahahaha!

Well now Jasha there's more to the story than three years of saw building. I went to trade school to be a auto mechanic, took several small engine courses, worked as a mechanic on flat rate for a year or so, and then drag raced and built engines for a long while. Saws are just fun to work on. :)

Don't forget the stint you did as the "official" Trunk Monkey a few years back...

[video=youtube;uBFfAAmu9xg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBFfAAmu9xg[/video]

Made you famous...
Don't forget yer roots...
:hmm3grin2orange:

It was the best time of muh lifes. :msp_smile:

[video=youtube;SeuLPH9An34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SeuLPH9An34[/video]

It was the best time of muh lifes. :msp_smile:

[video=youtube;SeuLPH9An34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SeuLPH9An34[/video]

Man... You were GENIOUS in those commercials!!!! I think you may have even topped "Whiplash the cowboy monkey"
in those Taco John's commercials...
:big_smile:

OOther then the smack talking i havent understood anything for the last 3 or 4 pages but for some reason i love it LOL that saw looks pretty bad AZZ Mr. Calhoon!!!

Hold up there dude.

I'm not saying Ricky doesn't build a great saw.......he does.

You coming along and kicking DC in the nuts in his own thread sorta sucks though.....even if he is an ass hole.

Hi Eric. :rock:
That is the way DC is...did or he did not kick someone else in the nuts on someone else's thread...that is the way he is. He has been this way since I have been here.

i never said u don't build formidable saws...i was just trying to tell u that ricky really knows his stuff imo. He has raced boats, built a ton of gassers, diesels, etc, and was a machinist for about 15 years, a farmer for quite a few years, and now he has been a logger for the last 10+ years. I'm just saying he is an extremely knowledgeable guy that is in your backyard and i wish I was that close to him to reap the knowledge he knows.

So the big question is have each of them built a saw that has ran at the same event in the same class? If not then there is no gosh darn way anyone can say who is the better builder.

If the two have not met in the same venue then why in the heck argue a point that has no end?

To be honest with u most of the saw builders on the site have never raced at any event. So? I think Jasha probably has and I know Tlandrum has though.

To be honest with u most of the saw builders on the site have never raced at any event. So? I think Jasha probably has and I know Tlandrum has though.

A couple others have too...
Lots more to a saw race than a good strong saw...
That's only 1/3 of the equation...
Chain is super important...
And botched changeovers will make the best saw look stupid...

Yeah your exactly right...motor, chain, and operator...with about 1/3 each into the equation.

My changeovers make me and the saw look stupid. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back