MS 880 meets DCHotsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racing can be fun and frustrating......you also learn plenty. A lot of times by what your doing wrong! Making worksaws run and run good can be rewarding, but for me, became a little boring!........ making something run "fast" and learning how operate it, then winning with your own work......is a thrill!:rock:

I learned you have to watch who you trust with your saws the hard way. I had a 5ci 372 alky/nitro saw built and was getting ready to run it at Webster. Well during practice testing the press in impulse came out of the cylinder. I took it to a builder up north of me just 40mins away to have a screw in impulse put in the cylinder.

Long story short one day the saw showed up in the mail. :dizzy: I only live 40mins away and had dropped saw off. :msp_rolleyes:
I started testing saw out and noticed it at SLOWED UP about a full TENTH per cut. Turns out the the guy I took the 5ci to for a screw in impulse put in cylinder STOLE my 2 piece head off the saw and put a different one on it WITHOUT ASKING. :msp_thumbdn:

So watch who you chose to work on your saws guys. PM if you want to know who it was.

I learned you have to watch who you trust with your saws the hard way. I had a 5ci 372 alky/nitro saw built and was getting ready to run it at Webster. Well during practice testing the press in impulse came out of the cylinder. I took it to a builder up north of me just 40mins away to have a screw in impulse put in the cylinder.

Long story short one day the saw showed up in the mail. :dizzy: I only live 40mins away and had dropped saw off. :msp_rolleyes:
I started testing saw out and noticed it at SLOWED UP about a full TENTH per cut. Turns out the the guy I took the 5ci to for a screw in impulse put in cylinder STOLE my 2 piece head off the saw and put a different one on it WITHOUT ASKING. :msp_thumbdn:

So watch who you chose to work on your saws guys. PM if you want to know who it was.

I am afraid I would have been pretty upset to say the least and might have done something drastic. This would have been something near and dear to me and my actions would have been according that. I cannot believe this guy did not think you would not notice.:msp_angry:

JJ......Yes, there's been a few "dandys" building and selling saws on AS.

Yep! that saw is sitting in Hoquiam at TJ Bexten's place......and Christin's "JACKNUT" print shop is in your neck of the woods.

Do you know TJ?

004-17.jpg

I know the name. I think i saw him in the saw shop talkin bout a race bar he sent off to get some stellite put on it... mighta been another guy. Does he own his own loggin outfit? The guy im thinkin of did. If he's involved with loggers play day I'm sure i have met him lol I hated having to miss it this yr!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You might be talking about Josh Stoken.......TJ, Josh, and myself have competed at Loggers Playday dor years now.

JJ......Yes, there's been a few "dandys" building and selling saws on AS.

I just cant stand a fing THIEF. Thats what I have a problem with a 2 faced POS! :msp_sneaky:

Narcissistic personality disorder.

symptoms of this disorder include[1]:

Reacting to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
Taking advantage of others to reach their own goals
Exaggerating their own importance, achievements, and talents
Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
Requiring constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Becoming jealous easily
Lacking empathy and disregarding the feelings of others
Being obsessed with oneself
Pursuing mainly selfish goals
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Becoming easily hurt and rejected
Setting goals that are unrealistic
Wanting "the best" of everything
Appearing unemotional

In addition to these symptoms, the person may also display dominance, arrogance, show superiority, and seek power.[6] The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to the traits of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence; differentiation occurs when the underlying psychological structures of these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others. Yet, they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth. [7]

Last edited:
I just cant stand a fing THIEF. Thats what I have a problem with a 2 faced POS! :msp_sneaky:

Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
Becoming jealous easily
Appearing unemotional

In addition to these symptoms, the person may also display dominance, arrogance, show superiority, and seek power.[6] The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to the traits of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence; differentiation occurs when the underlying psychological structures of these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others. Yet, they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth. [7]

Being around people like that disturb my sleep. So I avoid them, or I may have to become rude.

Becoming jealous easily
Appearing unemotional

There's alot of big words in there !!!

Back