ms192t trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik B

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My 192t starting acting up the last time I used it. I am used to having to baby the trigger right after firing it up but after I can get it up to speed and start cutting I have no more problems. This last time out I was having to baby the trigger just about every time I went from idle to full speed. If I didn't try to bring it up to speed slowly, it would die. Restarting was no problems. Any ideas?
Erik B

Had the 192t out again and it did the same thing, would kill instead of coming up to full power. I hit the primer bulb a few times and the problem went away. I usually prime it before starting but I guess I wasn't doing it enough.
Sometimes the fix is simple. Hope this may help others that may have had a similar problem.
Erik B

Good show. Yes, the primer bulb on the 192 needs to work or be filled, otherwise the mixture will lean out. I have to wonder how many engines have been damaged by cracked primer bulbs that shortened their lives.

This has been one of my concerns. I really like the function of the primer bulb and easy starting. However it is something to keep an eye on as a possible failure point that can cause serious damage. On the flip side it is a feature that I look for in a saw just because how well they work.

On any good running engine with the tank close to the carb a primer or purge bulb should not be needed. I bypass mine on weed whips and cheep saws

Latest posts

Back