MS200T Bearings Replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a MS200T from a local tree guy with a ton of compression, but the bearings are shot. It's one I fixed the accelerator pump on about a year ago.
I don't know whether to dig in to it or not.
If it was mine I would tear it down and see what happens, but I might be better off sending it to somebody with the proper tools.
Or, I can sell it on eBay for parts and just give him the money.
What would you do?

personally?? if it was mine...id tear it down and put new bearings and seals in if the piston/cylinder is still in good shape...but thats just me...i like those little suckers and they come apart pretty easy...not sure if it would be cost effective for your customer though...depending on your labor i spose

A 200T has roller bearings. It usually takes a lot of use for the bearings to go out in one.

A 200T has roller bearings. It usually takes a lot of use for the bearings to go out in one.

I have read that. You would think they would outlast the piston. He brought it to me thinking the clutch was rattling. But, you can take the the flywheel and the clutch and jiggle them around 1/4 inch or better from end to end. And the clutch is fine.
Could have spun, I haven't gone far enough to see.
If it was mine I would dig in to it as well.

check the crank beneath the bearing for wear marks, trouble being a 200T that's been run for awhile with a loose/chewed/shagged bearing the crankshaft gets grooved and a new bearing and seals ain't gonna be a fix

Latest posts

Back