MS200T help me please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, holding the throttle open and at a steady position, sometimes balanced on my pointer finger the saw will rev its self constantly.

if i had the saw in my shop i would swap out the carb with a known good one
if thats not it i would swap out the coil to a known good one
at least this would eliminate something
i still say put in a carb kit first

... acts like it is laboring and the tip of the bar will jump constantly, like I am goosing it.

... pulled the spark plug, it was very wet.

Sounds to me like its loading up (too much fuel). Pressure test the carb for leaks. I still think the welch plug is leaking. Seal it up with the nail polish and try again.

No new carb kit.

It will not idle, the only way to start it is to put it into cold start until it turns over once then warm start. After that it will run until I take my finger off the throttle. When it dies it does so like there is no fuel.

I have adjusted the carb to try and work out the issue. I just get the same result at different rpm. Still acts like it is laboring and the tip of the bar will jump constantly, like I am goosing it.

I do not have the tools to pressure check the carb. The seals on the carb look new there are no cracks.

The previous time the chainsaw ran, I just fueled it up started it, warmed it up and shut it off. I was about to climb a tree, I started the saw to clear brush around the base of the tree, started perfectly (1 pull). Then when I pulled the throttle it died, it would not start. I took it back to the rig and pulled the spark plug, it was very wet. I dried it off. After about 2 or 3 min of trying to start it, it turned over running as I described.

Forget all this fuel stuff for now and go check the kill wire from the coil. It may be shorting out to ground. It will create the same issues as a bad spark plug does. I think you may have a wire shorting out on the ignition system to cause these type of overloading with fuel problems. This will cause the saw to be hard to restart and all kinds of strange issues. I've seen it before on all types of engines. I would disconnect the kill wire coming off the coil and see how it runs after that. If the coil is bad this thing will drive you nuts :dizzy: Good Luck

Forget all this fuel stuff for now and go check the kill wire from the coil. It may be shorting out to ground. It will create the same issues as a bad spark plug does. I think you may have a wire shorting out on the ignition system to cause these type of overloading with fuel problems. This will cause the saw to be hard to restart and all kinds of strange issues. I've seen it before on all types of engines. I would disconnect the kill wire coming off the coil and see how it runs after that. If the coil is bad this thing will drive you nuts :dizzy: Good Luck

What he said but it must come off at the coil; not the handle end or it could still short.

Latest posts

Back