ms200t vs. 338xpt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear that a 361 can cure cancer, but while holding a 200t you can walk on water.:laugh:

I've got a 338 cali. and it serves me well. Maybe the small carb delivering less fuel makes it run better at 9000'. Who know's.

Andy

What kind of RPMs do they make? Adjustable carb?

Imagine a Snellerized 45cc 338xpt!

341 carb used to be adjustable, now i dunno. Lower rpm...

there's nothing that can be done to make the 335/338 Cali run well besides muffler modding. Due to its internal design, woods porting is a waste of money. gutless saw, relative to its displacement.

341 carb used to be adjustable, now i dunno. Lower rpm...

there's nothing that can be done to make the 335/338 Cali run well besides muffler modding. Due to its internal design, woods porting is a waste of money. gutless saw, relative to its displacement.

334 t I guess is the same? Mine cuts ok but it is not a 200t but I knew it
when I bought it too!

I can't say anything about the 200t but I do own 2- 338's and 1- 335 and they have treated me well even the old 335 is still kicking. I would like to try a 200t to see if it holds up to the hype someday but for now I am happy with the little husky's. Biggest thing is cleaning the air filter daily, they seem to fill the filters up very quickly.

Huskys Kick!!!!

I hate to say this about my 338, but I hate the way the air filter fills up with saw dust. Sure wish they had Air Injection built in.

Husky Kicks!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
+1 on that is the 338 much a stretch from the 334t?

Like jumping to a XP saw.
Our first small Husky was a 334. Still is on the job too!, as a backup saw.
We never liked to spend the big bucks on climbing saw because of the way they get treated up in a tree or on the end of a rope. Muffler guards always seem to get broken, some how?..... lol

Husky Kicks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Like jumping to a XP saw.
Our first small Husky was a 334. Still is on the job too!, as a backup saw.
We never liked to spend the big bucks on climbing saw because of the way they get treated up in a tree or on the end of a rope. Muffler guards always seem to get broken, some how?..... lol

Husk Kicks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I just noticed the signature tried to rep ya but out for 24, just remembered
funny **** lol!

Dumb question But what is REP? I keep hearing it here and can guess what it means but some clarification would be appreciated.

It is those green dots about four I gave you! Go to user control panel
and scroll down and see the rep comments! If you wish to rep someone
click on the thing down below their avatar and give the pos reputation
or if they are a spammer let them have it:laugh:

It is those green dots about four I gave you! Go to user control panel
and scroll down and see the rep comments! If you wish to rep someone
click on the thing down below their avatar and give the pos reputation
or if they are a spammer let them have it:laugh:

Got it, Thanks!!!

you need to waste a lot of time on AS to get gold:greenchainsaw:

It's pretty addicting thats for sure. I know I have a crane job in the morning and should have went to bed 2hrs ago but, well you know the rest. LOl..

rope. i know you love them huskticles, alot. but you gotta do me a favor. now that you are flying the bucket more you gotta give that 2hunge a shot at the title.

early bday present for yourself.

Hey oldirty I have already worked for a different outfit few months
back on crane job, brought my big saws but used his 200t yeah, they are nice, I still fused with the dern choke switch thingy but it did have some power!

Last edited:
45cc unbelievable, are these 338's the same size and weight as a normal 338 (or are they even lighter?) they must be restricted to hell, they'd only be running 60% power I reckon, even worse than a 335, air injection is on the front airfilter, the main jet of air blows out front and only a tiny sideways passage to the airbox, doesn't do a thing, get used to blowing out the filter every hour, I probably sound like a broken record but you've gotta mod the huskys to get them running properly, the XPT's, the 335 & 338, they easy match even the 200T's awesome motor

you've gotta mod the huskys to get them running properly, the XPT's, the 335 & 338, they easy match even the 200T's awesome motor

I don't doubt you, but who has a modded 338 that'll run with a 200T? I'd like to know about it because they're a lot cheaper than the 200T. I'm not afraid to go inside if I know I can get results. Others are saying they're not worth modding.

Latest posts

Back