MS201 TC rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you wont see anything visible, when they wear, they over fuel, and the computer cant adjust any further.
even just removing them and refitting them can mess up their seal into the carb face where they seal at the end where they deliver the fuel.

Get a new solenoid and filter/ orange fine one, and get back to us.

I assume the new carb was a genuine one ?
did it have a new solenoid with it, or did you just swap over the old one ?
am assuming its a new solenoid with carb, but its easier to ask questions than assume :)

Just catching up to where your at, the joys of online diagnosis.

The soleniod came installed in carry.
My take is that the saw is not getting good spark.........i can feel a pulse but no visible spark.

I believe it's OEM it has all the stihl markings on it.
That doesn’t sound right. it either has to be nos or off a used saw to be sold online.
either way. Test all wiring for continuity. As suggested, those harnesses can be problematic, especially if off a well unused 201. The wires may look fine but they often get stretched at the front of the handle and the wire inside the plastic severs and it not really noticeable.

That doesn’t sound right. it either has to be nos or off a used saw to be sold online.
either way. Test all wiring for continuity. As suggested, those harnesses can be problematic, especially if off a well unused 201. The wires may look fine but they often get stretched at the front of the handle and the wire inside the plastic severs and it not really noticeable.
Yup, the harness can give fits when not tested!

Latest posts

Back