• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy MS250 and MS251 parts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenSVT

Where did all these saws come from?!?
Reaction score
I'm looking for several items for the saws in the title. Gently used is preferred, as I'm not trying to sink too much into them.

Without further Ado:

MS250:
Muffler
Muffler bolts and nuts
Clutch cover
Possibly brake band and associated bits...make that 2.(NEW)
Top cover. One is broken where the AV bushing mounts up.(NEW)

MS251:
Muffler
Muffler bolts
Advice! The bolt holes in the cylinder appear wobbled out(bad looking threads). What to do?

Thanks in advance!!!

So searching for the band's but i have springs lever etc lacking couple c clips,but the muffler bolts nuts and clutch cover keep you posted on cylinder cover and brake bands

Attachments

• 1497491976913-434260571.jpg
    1497491976913-434260571.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Any other small items? Found 1 brake band

Attachments

• 14974924260571716641547.jpg
    14974924260571716641547.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
That's excellent! I'm fairly certain I'll think of other things. Some smalls off the top of my head, that I didn't think to mention are the cooling plate and exhaust gasket to go with the muffler.

I'm sorry that I keep adding things to my list, but these saws were all missing a bit of everything lol. They were used really hard by a professional carver.

ETA: Nice organization!

So 1 brake band is all I could find a both handles have a crack in the rear

If you're referring to the brake handles, I shouldn't need those. I think mine are solid.

I just have one brake that won't engage at all, and I don't know if it's the band or spring at fault. The other brake isn't centered well on the clutch drum, and I'm of the assumption that it's a similar issue.

I figured my best bet is to source good used parts and try to piece them both back together. I've got very little into all three saws, and I'd like to keep it that way lol. :)

I was refering to the Top cover is one molded piece that runs through the rear handle and brake band only affirmative

Attachments

• 1497579261204-255649201.jpg
    1497579261204-255649201.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
I was refering to the Top cover is one molded piece that runs through the rear handle and brake band only affirmative

I see what you mean now. I had to sit down and stare at one of my 250's for a moment and figure out what you were saying. I'll probably buy one of the Chinese repros.

30.00 with freight

I haven't forgotten about you, just been busy with family and projects. I'll be in touch in the next couple days.

Latest posts

Back