MS250 hose and fuel filter question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylemorley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got an MS250 which starts and idles fine by won't rev or dies when put under load (which seems to be a common complaint with this model). Saw is about 18 mo old and only has a couple hours on it.

My first thoughts were it might be the fuel filter or line, so I tried to hook it out to take a look, but when I did I got a rubbery thing that might be the filter, that seemed to be connected to a hose on each end so it wouldn't come out without forcing which I didn't think was a good idea. Was that rubbery thing the filter, and will it come out if I pull hard enough, or is there more junk in there I should know about?

BTW the manual is awful - doesn't tell how to get the filter out or remove/clean the muffler screen. It does say to flip the bar whenever it is off, but has no info on how to deal with the funny ratchet wheel thingee (I have the easy start version) that is somehow attached to the bar, preventing it from being flipped. Sure I can figure it out but I don't like having to guess on a new $300+ purchase. Are there service manuals for these things, and if so, how can I get one?

Latest posts

Back