MS261 Available in the USA Already!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 261 cq version is out now and the regular will be here in January. At least here in the north east. I am tempted to purchase the cq version but not sure I'll like it. Any opinions on them?

Looks pretty torquey for a stock saw.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMqj5aLcm34?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMqj5aLcm34?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That is the first video I've seen that shows the power. That bad boy looks NICE!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

Patiently waiting for mine.:laugh:

The 261 cq version is out now and the regular will be here in January. At least here in the north east. I am tempted to purchase the cq version but not sure I'll like it. Any opinions on them?

I like the standard versions better but I'm just a simple person.:D I don't need all those other gadgets....

i know i'm late to the party and may have missed it, but what is different about the CQ version?

This party hasn't even started.:D

The CQ version has an secondary chain brake system. It uses a bigger lever in place of the throttle unlock and has to be pushed in for the chain to move, in addition to the standard chain brake. If your hand comes off the rear handle, the chain stops. This would be a great feature for first time or older users.

Pretty soon we'll be having threads about captured bar nuts instead of flippy caps :)

funny, I was thinking the same thing:laugh:

Maybe soon, real soon. Don't forget about videos.

Talked to my dealer today, they said Bryan Equipment should have them sometime this week. Brad wants one real bad lol. The filter in the vid does look large, hopefully it's a paper element and not a real K&N filter.

Last edited:
Didn't somebody say a distributor only had 60 MS260s left, and wasn't that about a week ago? Seems like that distributor should be shipping 261s now.

They may have a hard time selling them if the word on the new model is out.....

Here they started "dumping" the price on the 260 a couple of years ago, like they did on the 280 and 390. It may have been a coincidence, but I don't really think so.

It adds the additional chain braking feature and a little extra weight along with it.

This party hasn't even started.:D

The CQ version has an secondary chain brake system. It uses a bigger lever in place of the throttle unlock and has to be pushed in for the chain to move, in addition to the standard chain brake. If your hand comes off the rear handle, the chain stops. This would be a great feature for first time or older users.

thanks fellas. yeah it does sound like a nice feature, i don't wanna run one but it sure sounds safer for my kids to learn on.

Latest posts

Back