MS261 - Falling, Limbing, & Bucking VIDEO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, I enjoy all your vids, this one too. second, you r a better limber, bucker than I`ll ever be; don`t know about felling (LOLZ).
The saw is nice I give it that; maybe better than nice.
But the bar didn`t seem 20" though...I would have bet on 18"
is the 261 power head longer than 346XP

That looks fast for a 261. A friend of mine has a 261. I'm sure you'll be getting his soon for a tune-up.

I dropped the remaining Locust trees in my front yard this afternoon. I saved the three biggest for the 261.

Wow!!! That saw is fast Brad. I think you just proved that a ms261 isnt slow, fat, ill handling , or any of the tags thats been attached to it! What more can anyone ask for?Great job on the video

Looks like a good cuttin little sucker! I cut alot of locust and I can tell that saws got some nuts. Looks about like my stock 361. I need me one of those. :)

The worst Locust to cut up are the hardened dead standing trees. I swear they're like cutting rocks. And they will throw sparks too. It's hard enough green, but the dry stuff is hell on chains.

A couple of weeks ago I cut a Locust around 15 in that had been dead standing for 5 or 6 years. one tank of gas and a brand new stihl chain was in bad shape. I know the hardness scale doesn't say so, but dead Locust is the hardest thing I have ever cut. harder then hedge apple, or hickory.

Back