MS261C muffler mod help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNfarmer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I cut the gills into the side of my muffler yesterday and recalibrated the Mtronic system according to the posts I've read here and only gained one second in the cut. To recalibrate it I put the saw in the start position and let it idle for 60 seconds then shut it off. Is there anything else I need to do?

I cut the gills into the side of my muffler yesterday and recalibrated the Mtronic system according to the posts I've read here and only gained one second in the cut. To recalibrate it I put the saw in the start position and let it idle for 60 seconds then shut it off. Is there anything else I need to do?

Are you sure which version mtron you have, the new 3.0 has a different reset procedure.

There is no v3 MS261c MTronic module. It is still on the older version that you can't "calibrate", only "reset". I have one built in June 2020.

Also, time gained in the cut is going to depend on the size of the log you're cutting.

I was cutting a 16" oak log. So letting it idle for 90 seconds in the start position is the correct way to do it? I did it for 60 seconds the first time and 90 seconds the next time and noticed no difference?

Back