MS290 Crank Seals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were the old ones bad? I thought there was two different seals also. Ones to install efore tightening the clamshell and ones that you tap in after clamshell.:)

Were the old ones bad? I thought there was two different seals also. Ones to install efore tightening the clamshell and ones that you tap in after clamshell.:)
Yup there is two different ones but they will both work if it is apart. If I have one of those saws apart I just out new ones in.

I went through this awhile ago and ended up with the Stihl seals because the generic ones I found were just a little bit wider.

Turns out the wider ones would have been just fine, pleanty of room for them.

I cringe everytime I have to walk into a Stihl dealer around here. They just charged me $10 for a 036 muffler cover gasket. On top of that they charged me some freight for it also even though when I called the order in, they said I called at a good time because they were sending there weekly order in that day......

I went through this awhile ago and ended up with the Stihl seals because the generic ones I found were just a little bit wider.

I cringe everytime I have to walk into a Stihl dealer around here. They just charged me $10 for a 036 muffler cover gasket. On top of that they charged me some freight for it also even though when I called the order in, they said I called at a good time because they were sending there weekly order in that day......

My dealer places an order almost every day. If he doesnt have enough for a minimum order he tells me and I ask him to wait til he gets a full one. Its usually only a day later and it saves me from paying extra. Does that make me special?:D

I had a dealer here that would do that. I just assumed that was the way of things and payed the money.

Then another dealer a little closer to me got a new owner and word was spreading that he was good to deal with so I gave him a try. He orders twice a week at least and has no trouble making whatever the minimum is, I never pay shipping there.

I started asking some questions and it turns out the other dealer makes the minimum too, but they still charge for shipping and pocket the money. Yeah, I won't be shoping there ever again.;)

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back