MS360 Impulse line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nickelmore

nickelmore

ArboristSite Member
I walked into my local dealer and asked them if they had a impulse line for a MS360, the kid that was waiting smiled and said yes sir we have it right here and grabbed a roll of string trimmer line. After a few minutes of him running back and forth the the back room, he came back with 3 different samples of silicone fuel line. I asked if it was the same and he said he thought may work if I could match up the correct size.

I asked how it was sold, and told him that I only needed about 4 inches. He told me it was sold by the foot at $8.00 per foot.

Think its time for me to find a new dealer.

But the real question is, can silicone fuel line be used for a impulse line?

Thanks

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
i used heavy fuelline worked great and is thick enough it sealed going through the carbobox. i think the line i used is also metal braided i couldnt get it to compress with pliers

oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
My dealer sells me a clear hose that I believe is a Stihl product. It is what I get whenever I have asked for a replacement for the black impulse tubing like on a 360, 034, 200t, etc. I believe it is a little pricey per foot. My guy is cool and just throws about 4ft. or so in when I need it. Handy stuff to have.

nickelmore

nickelmore

ArboristSite Member
Thanks

My dealer sells me a clear hose that I believe is a Stihl product. It is what I get whenever I have asked for a replacement for the black impulse tubing like on a 360, 034, 200t, etc. I believe it is a little pricey per foot. My guy is cool and just throws about 4ft. or so in when I need it. Handy stuff to have

Really cool, this particular dealer wanted $1.00 per inch if I did not buy a foot.

I politely told them I would look around for the correct hose. Its easier to order the correct piece, especially since I just found that there is a spring missing on the brake side, and I need some other Stihl only parts.

Thanks

adkranger

adkranger

Addicted to ArboristSite
You definitely need a new dealer. That's just plain pathetic. Or get yourself an IPL and just order online, forget the 16 yo kid behind the counter.

I ran into this kind of crap at the local H-D dealership, wet behind the ears kid at the service desk telling me I didn't know what was what with my bike. Warranty is over and that's the LAST time I have been there. Knowledgeable service matters, to me anyways, treat me like a schmuck and I take my $ elsewhere.........:givebeer:

nickelmore

nickelmore

ArboristSite Member
New Dealer

Yep this was the last straw, I have gone into this place with part numbers to order parts but won't do anything unless he gets the model number the engine number the serial number etc.

I can understand being thourough but if I have the incorrect part number its on me, its prepaid for, its what i want etc.

Its just ashame, because he is about 2 miles from my house and the next best dealer is about 10, but its worth the drive.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
I walked into my local dealer and asked them if they had a impulse line for a MS360, the kid that was waiting smiled and said yes sir we have it right here and grabbed a roll of string trimmer line. After a few minutes of him running back and forth the the back room, he came back with 3 different samples of silicone fuel line. I asked if it was the same and he said he thought may work if I could match up the correct size.

I asked how it was sold, and told him that I only needed about 4 inches. He told me it was sold by the foot at $8.00 per foot.

Thanks

8.00 a foot, what a bargin, I sell the same stuff for 85 cents a foot and I'll let ya in on a secret at .85 cents thats a rip off,LOLOL

Tell that brat you want 6 inches of 0712-923-8004 and remind him I said he's dumber than a box of rocks, 8.00 a foot, man are they insane or what,wowow

willbarryrec

willbarryrec

ArboristSite Operative
8.00 a foot, what a bargin, I sell the same stuff for 85 cents a foot and I'll let ya in on a secret at .85 cents thats a rip off,LOLOL

Tell that brat you want 6 inches of 0712-923-8004 and remind him I said he's dumber than a box of rocks, 8.00 a foot, man are they insane or what,wowow

Haha! rep on the way for this!
:laugh:

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.

Easy there Champ, watch the blood pressure. LOL.
You could always raise your price a little.

Pioneerguy600

Bowtie

Bowtie

Gearhead
There are a couple good substitutes for certain impulse lines out there, but if you want your saw right, get the proper impulse line.

Your Stihl dealer is an idiot. I would tell him to stick it, and turn him in to Stihl, they are not supposed to offer "hack" repairs and parts like that.

mictrik

mictrik

ArboristSite Lurker

Thanks

You need Stihl part# 1129-141-8600 and its around $2.00.

Latest posts