MS360 Impulse line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickelmore

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I walked into my local dealer and asked them if they had a impulse line for a MS360, the kid that was waiting smiled and said yes sir we have it right here and grabbed a roll of string trimmer line. After a few minutes of him running back and forth the the back room, he came back with 3 different samples of silicone fuel line. I asked if it was the same and he said he thought may work if I could match up the correct size.

I asked how it was sold, and told him that I only needed about 4 inches. He told me it was sold by the foot at $8.00 per foot.

Think its time for me to find a new dealer.

But the real question is, can silicone fuel line be used for a impulse line?

Thanks

Go to Napa and get some good quality automotive vacuum hose. I don't know anything about silicone tubing so I can't comment on that.

i used heavy fuelline worked great and is thick enough it sealed going through the carbobox. i think the line i used is also metal braided i couldnt get it to compress with pliers

My dealer sells me a clear hose that I believe is a Stihl product. It is what I get whenever I have asked for a replacement for the black impulse tubing like on a 360, 034, 200t, etc. I believe it is a little pricey per foot. My guy is cool and just throws about 4ft. or so in when I need it. Handy stuff to have.

Thanks

My dealer sells me a clear hose that I believe is a Stihl product. It is what I get whenever I have asked for a replacement for the black impulse tubing like on a 360, 034, 200t, etc. I believe it is a little pricey per foot. My guy is cool and just throws about 4ft. or so in when I need it. Handy stuff to have

Really cool, this particular dealer wanted $1.00 per inch if I did not buy a foot.

I politely told them I would look around for the correct hose. Its easier to order the correct piece, especially since I just found that there is a spring missing on the brake side, and I need some other Stihl only parts.

Thanks

You definitely need a new dealer. That's just plain pathetic. Or get yourself an IPL and just order online, forget the 16 yo kid behind the counter.

I ran into this kind of crap at the local H-D dealership, wet behind the ears kid at the service desk telling me I didn't know what was what with my bike. Warranty is over and that's the LAST time I have been there. Knowledgeable service matters, to me anyways, treat me like a schmuck and I take my $ elsewhere.........:givebeer:

New Dealer

Yep this was the last straw, I have gone into this place with part numbers to order parts but won't do anything unless he gets the model number the engine number the serial number etc.

I can understand being thourough but if I have the incorrect part number its on me, its prepaid for, its what i want etc.

Its just ashame, because he is about 2 miles from my house and the next best dealer is about 10, but its worth the drive.

I walked into my local dealer and asked them if they had a impulse line for a MS360, the kid that was waiting smiled and said yes sir we have it right here and grabbed a roll of string trimmer line. After a few minutes of him running back and forth the the back room, he came back with 3 different samples of silicone fuel line. I asked if it was the same and he said he thought may work if I could match up the correct size.

I asked how it was sold, and told him that I only needed about 4 inches. He told me it was sold by the foot at $8.00 per foot.

Thanks

8.00 a foot, what a bargin, I sell the same stuff for 85 cents a foot and I'll let ya in on a secret at .85 cents thats a rip off,LOLOL

Tell that brat you want 6 inches of 0712-923-8004 and remind him I said he's dumber than a box of rocks, 8.00 a foot, man are they insane or what,wowow

8.00 a foot, what a bargin, I sell the same stuff for 85 cents a foot and I'll let ya in on a secret at .85 cents thats a rip off,LOLOL

Tell that brat you want 6 inches of 0712-923-8004 and remind him I said he's dumber than a box of rocks, 8.00 a foot, man are they insane or what,wowow

Haha! rep on the way for this!
:laugh:

Easy there Champ, watch the blood pressure. LOL.
You could always raise your price a little.

Pioneerguy600

There are a couple good substitutes for certain impulse lines out there, but if you want your saw right, get the proper impulse line.

Your Stihl dealer is an idiot. I would tell him to stick it, and turn him in to Stihl, they are not supposed to offer "hack" repairs and parts like that.

Thanks

You need Stihl part# 1129-141-8600 and its around $2.00.

Back