MS360 Rod Bearing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bullittman281

bullittman281

ArboristSite Operative
Hello,
I finally scored a basket case 360 and have a few questions. The saw has seen heavy commercial use and the top end is trashed. It has years worth of time running a log wizard. There is no chrome left on the intake side of the cylinder. Obviously it needs a new piston and cylinder. The question though is what are the wear limits on the big end rod bearing. I can't detect any vertical play but there is a fair amount of wiggle side to side. I'm measuring about .045" at the tip of the little end. It seems like a lot. It seems much looser than other saws I've worked on but I've never measured them. My other two stroke experience is a total rebuild of my yz250 and it was totally wasted. The rebuilt crank had almost no play in the rod in any direction. Before I go wasting time and money on this thing I need to know if it has a good crank, or if there is a good aftermarket crank. If any body has ideas or specs let me know. Thanks!!

Bullittman

bullittman281

bullittman281

ArboristSite Operative
Shameless plug for the weekend...

At work we've got a mashed ms361 bottom end that I've looked at. For what its worth the rod only wiggles back and forth about .025" or just under 1/2 of what my dead ms360 does. Is it worth rebuilding or do I need a better crank.
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!!

bullittman