Ms390?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about it, but i dont like their new ones. Oh boy, theres a whole nother thread :laugh:

I got to run a Home Depot Alumni Dolmar at a GTG last year...I was impressed. A very smooth running saw.

I myself , was in the same boat you are. I asked "THE GUYS", for advice. I demmoed A 390 and a 361. Dont let the CC numbers fool you . Look at the HP and quality. Making a few quick cuts with each saw, it was hard to notice a big difference in power. What I did notice quickly, was the lack of vibration on the 361. If you are going to saw much, it explains itself. Money is tight, but a pro saw is an investment for life. Not just value, but quality of life! If you are going to have many saws, get a "BIG ONE", if you are only going to have a few, get a good mid-sized and enjoy life. Sorry for the long post,Just Sayin. VT. Woodchuck:chainsaw::clap:

Amen bro!

I clearly state in all my posts that MY 359 is a piece of crap. Just because i said i wont buy another husky doesn't mean you have to jump down my throat. I dont like it, my 361 will cut circles around it. Id rather have a stihl. thats my opinion. apparently you enjoy your husquvarnas, you dont hear me chewing you out for it....

My point is that you're throwing the baby out with the bath water. I fully understand you've had a bad experience with your saw. I'm simply saying that the 359 as a whole is a great saw. And I'm a Stihl head too.

I'm still curious if yours had a cat muffler. If so, that explains why you were never happy with the power. The saw wasn't designed to have a cat muffler. The EPA demanded it. Get yourself a non-cat muffler and let it breathe like it's supposed to.

I'm still curious if yours had a cat muffler. If so, that explains why you were never happy with the power. The saw wasn't designed to have a cat muffler. The EPA demanded it. Get yourself a non-cat muffler and let it breathe like it's supposed to.

sounds fair. how do you tell?

blsnelling, how do you tell the difference in the mufflers? Y'all have peaked my interest so i went out and got the 359 running again. tuned it up and sharpened the chain and went and cut a rick or two. Not my favorite saw, vibrates to much. but will work good as a backup. or would sell it for the right price. a 460 would be more up my alley lol

The one that was in my 359 (2006) forward of the spark arrester says "6A CAT" pn 357 10 22 01 G. I bought a replacement from Bailey's But could have saved shipping and purchased from my local dealer.
Lou

The one that was in my 359 (2006) forward of the spark arrester says "6A CAT" pn 357 10 22 01 G. I bought a replacement from Bailey's But could have saved shipping and purchased from my local dealer.
Lou

Well i cant find that on mine. I reckon i have the other muffler. Seems to be starting good now. To bad its not balanced :dizzy: I can really tell a difference between it and my 361.

It is very faint took 5 minutes to find it.
Lou
The replacement had a sticker on it, I see no markings. It is rusted over where the numbers are on the cat.

Last edited:
It is very faint took 5 minutes to find it.
Lou
The replacement had a sticker on it, I see no markings. It is rusted over where the numbers are on the cat.

Well ill go look again. its been awhile since ive ran it so the muffler is rusty in spots like you said.

Latest posts

Back