MS440 dual port?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Heres the 046 ..

Last edited:
Make it run a little cooler and cut a little faster

So a dual port muffler is something you would buy from stihl.. correct?

how does this stack-up against a muffler "mod"? I guess technically it is a mod but is it better to mod it yourself or buy a dual port?

Craig

So a dual port muffler is something you would buy from stihl.. correct?

how does this stack-up against a muffler "mod"? I guess technically it is a mod but is it better to mod it yourself or buy a dual port?

Craig

I prefer to keep my saws as close to stock as I can get away with,I would guess that a muffler mod might get you a little more power,but I've never compared the two.

No ... If C/User is correct it would be the # 11 on the 046 IPL.....The 044 was just to show what is listed for the 044..

Yup, that's it. I can't imagine not putting one on, since I didn't think it made the saw materially louder (not like the round hole in front of the exhaust port on my 7900), but it did give the saw much nicer throttle response and a bit more top end power.

International_044_2.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know the 'standard' mesh size used in OEM spark screens? I am going to guess somewhere between 16 and 30. There are quite a few low-cost providers on the net, but you have to buy in bulk...

I can see it on a race saw, but not sure I'd want the exhaust directed at or near the hand on a working saw.

Last edited:
Back