ms441 crankcase full of gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I traded for a new 359 that was filling the crankcase with gas. When I took off the top of the carb there was a fountain of fuel. I think it was a Zama. The saw had a 100% recall. I just switched out carbs and it was all good.

Clean the carb and put in a kit .I ran the snot out of it in wood. Damed I got to get one or an 460. I had him crank it in front of me before it left. I said no more then three pulls with the choke on from here on out. All is good. Bottom end sounded fine Thanks for all that help.

Ever think the customer may have removed the plug and dumped gas in??

Just saying???

How else are you gonna get it to start??? Yall frown on using ether and stuff!:drinking:

Long ago i somehow put the wrong diaphram in a weedeater carb. Sat it aside to start it after eating. Came back and it was hydrolocked, slowly pulled it over and gas was running out the muffler. I pulled the plug and drained the motor. After an hour i replaced the plug, pulled it 3 times and it sputtered then filled itself with gas again.

Somehow it forms a siphon.

I look at the parts i replaced in the carb, i always save them till i run the motor and see that the new matching diaphram is still in the unused parts of the rebuild kit. Pull the carb and put correct part in, drain motor and then it starts and runs fine.

How can a motor pull gas uphill into itself while sitting on the floor i don't know but it can if you give it a path in the carb.

Using the choke on a motor with a good carb can flood a motor faster than the average user can think.
Even if the tank was drained after last use i only pull starter 4 times with the choke on before kicking it off for a few pulls, pop or not!

Here is a starting trick i saw last year,
Pull the plug, whip out your crack lighter and heat the plug up real hot. Put it in real fast while burning your fingers and start motor.
Somehow it worked for the idjit.

Latest posts

Back