Ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here we go with another 441 topic.
My dealer said it top's out at 13,300 is this true? I have also heard it was three-stage coil - dunno.
I have a friend who modified a 460 coil and put it on his, he loves the saw, but said the stock coil made it a dog. He is a production timberfaller and somewhat of hack when it comes to fandangling modifications to saws.
The saw is somewhat appealing to me, but if I can't get gains then it will not suit my needs.
When the 461 comes out I am buying every 460 I can get my hands on if the 441 and it's eventual predicessor the 461 are almost bulletproof as far as mods.

My dealer said it top's out at 13,300 is this true? I have also heard it was three-stage coil - dunno.
I have a friend who modified a 460 coil and put it on his, he loves the saw, but said the stock coil made it a dog. He is a production timberfaller and somewhat of hack when it comes to fandangling modifications to saws.
The saw is somewhat appealing to me, but if I can't get gains then it will not suit my needs.
When the 461 comes out I am buying every 460 I can get my hands on if the 441 and it's eventual predicessor the 461 are almost bulletproof as far as mods.

I was talking to my buddy in TN earlier tonight (who is a jonsered dealer). He told me he was talking to a few of the local loggers and they really liked the 441. They were running 440's before the 441. I have never ran a 441 myself.

Im afraid all saws will be this way downthe road. I don't know why they just can't put catalytic converter mufflers on all of them to meet the epa 2010 doomsday

I was talking to my buddy in TN earlier tonight (who is a jonsered dealer). He told me he was talking to a few of the local loggers and they really liked the 441. They were running 440's before the 441. I have never ran a 441 myself.

Yeah, I understand that - I believe it is a good saw. But, loggers need something to get the job done, production fallers, such as myself need that tool to perform like it like it is on steroids.

The cutters I've worked with that have tried the 441 didn't like it as far as power on the stump, but they loved the smoothness and how easy it was on the hands. These are mostly older guys so they're always ready to try a saw that'll be easier on the hands. The extra weight didn't seem to be an issue.

When you get done modding that 385 you will be saying Ive got to buy all those 385 up:cheers:

The cutters I've worked with that have tried the 441 didn't like it as far as power on the stump, but they loved the smoothness and how easy it was on the hands. These are mostly older guys so they're always ready to try a saw that'll be easier on the hands. The extra weight didn't seem to be an issue.

The best thing ever for my hands was my Silvey Pro-Sharp and the Silvey depth gauge grinder. I know what they are saying - the hands take it the worst.

Sling'r if you will be down this way you could take my 441 for a couple of weeks. I know you are interested in mods but if you'd like to run a stock saw just give a yell

I bought a 441 about 3 months ago. Pretty nice saw... All in all I'm pleased with it. It does what I ask it to. However, I come from an 044/440 background and this saw is a heart beat or two behind it's predecessors. It is smoother and very much anti-vibe but at the cost of some RPM's...

Im afraid all saws will be this way downthe road. I don't know why they just can't put catalytic converter mufflers on all of them to meet the epa 2010 doomsday

Because.. for a cat to meet the requirements and allow the output to equal a 70cc saw of today (in other words, the saw will be larger), you'd need a heatshield around you... If cats were the easy way, they'd all be going there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand that - I believe it is a good saw. But, loggers need something to get the job done, production fallers, such as myself need that tool to perform like it like it is on steroids.

Look on the bright side -if everyone is in the same boat, maybe they'll have to raise the price they pay you.:greenchainsaw:

Because.. for a cat to meet the requirements and allow the output to equal a 70cc saw of today (in other words, the saw will be larger), you'd need a heatshied around you... If cats were the easy way, they'd all be going there.

thankyou was wondering about that. So will the cat mufflers that they put on the 346 now meet 2010 epa

thankyou was wondering about that. So will the cat mufflers that they put on the 346 now meet 2010 epa

I seriously doubt it, but that is an example of increasing size then dumbing it down with a cat. I expect all saws eventually will be some form of strato, big or small. Some smaller saws may have a cat as well.

In California they'll be electric with handsaw option ;)

Last edited:
My 441 turns 13.5k and appears to have no coil interference up to 14k so far.

Sling'r if you will be down this way you could take my 441 for a couple of weeks. I know you are interested in mods but if you'd like to run a stock saw just give a yell

Thanks for the offer - my dealer has offered his demo - we'll see. I want to wait, because if I like it I will spend the money.

Back