MS460 group

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problems with the bar getting too hot so far with mine, 28" bar, RSC chain, but maybe I'm missing something here...

Maybe it's a difference in wood? Dunno. The 27" hemlock I cut last night had so much sap / water in the tree that it literally left a pool in the face and completely clogged my clutch cover :(

My oiler is maxxed out as well, using about 2/3-3/4 a tank of oil per tank of gas.

Maybe it's a difference in wood? Dunno. The 27" hemlock I cut last night had so much sap / water in the tree that it literally left a pool in the face and completely clogged my clutch cover :(

My oiler is maxxed out as well, using about 2/3-3/4 a tank of oil per tank of gas.

Never had any saw in hemlock myself...worse I've run into so far with the 460 was a 26" elm, was harder than haydees....and some soaked oak. My 036 chain/bar got hosed like that last year cutting green wood.

MS460Tree001.jpg

Here is my gem of a 460BB. Your eyes do not deceive you. Large amounts of JB weld, are in fact, holding the plastics together.

Last edited:
MS460Tree001.jpg

Here is my gem of a 460BB. Your eyes do not deceive you. Large amounts of JB weld, are in fact, holding the plastics together.

She looks great. Is that a USA factory wrap handle bar? I just ordered a handle bar from Madsen's last week, I can't wait for it to come in.

Here is my 460 which was one of 5 “part saws” I got on fleabay a while ago. To my surprise it turned out that the saws all run (some needed a bit of assembly) and the 460 is almost new with a few scratches.... not bad for a $100 per saw lol

Heres a pic with the 460 on the right.

attachment.php

Nice lookin red gum there Rudolf

My 460

Haven't had her long but so far i am impressed,compared to the 441 she cuts strong,bit like a women there all different.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I wonder how many of these are in the would .

Heres mine with the new 25" stihl Bar and chain
IMG_0009.jpg

I put the large dawgs on once i joined this site and ill be doing the muffler mod next week:biggrinbounce2:

TJ

She looks great. Is that a USA factory wrap handle bar? I just ordered a handle bar from Madsen's last week, I can't wait for it to come in.

It is a USA wrap. Got it about a week ago and am loving it. Haven't climbed with it yet but I expect it to be quite handy in the air. You'll love yours.

Nice lookin red gum there Rudolf

Thanks Stihlman, about half the firewood I cut is red gum, the other is that white/yellow sugar gum ? I think. Almost all our firewood comes from fallen down branches which can be up to 30" dia and above hence the need for a 660. But for most of the other stuff the 460 does a great job.
I am actually going to do a job in Vic next week with the 660, I see you are in Vic also - where abouts ?

Got an MS460 last week...

I got one used on craigslist, it is suppose to be 2 years old! Can someone tell the MY by SN? It is 165841922. It says "made in Germany" I checked compression and it is 155, so I think it is good. When I got it it was idling fine, but it did not sound like it was revving all the way, the tach confirmed that, it was only revving to ~11,500 RPM. I was only able to get it up to 13,200 RPM with the H:confused: is this the limit of the carb limiters?

I want to get it fine tuned to compare it to my 372XP, I have a nice large hard maple log, ~6L'x20"W that I will rip in half once I get it tuned right. I made two log benches last week with the 372, see below.

attachment.php

Back