MS460 group

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my MS460 seven days ago today nice saw to run and it is my first brand new Stihl, I did have an old 034 which I put an 036 piston and cylinder onto about five years ago and used to love using it until it got stolen.

Oh and it came with the dual port cover and it is a bit dirtier than in the pic now which reminds me I need to give it a wipe down today

IMG_0002.jpg

Hey tom what size bar is on your 460 as I am thinking of getting a bigger bar to replace the 22" bar I currently have on there

Hey tom what size bar is on your 460 as I am thinking of getting a bigger bar to replace the 22" bar I currently have on there

Mine wears a 25", which seems to be pushing it in hardwood. That said, I've often wanted a longer bar for that little extra reach, just let it cut a bit slower I guess. I'm taking the easy way out instead and plan to join the 660 club next week.

I'm running a 28 inch Forester bar with full comp chain on mine. The saw is used and is well broken in. Hasn't been quite buried in hardwood yet. About 24-inch maple/ash so far, and it's gobbled it right up with plenty of grunt during the cut.

I haven't done the muff mod on it yet.

A 660 w/25'' bar / 460 Mag W/20'' bar.
Do you cut wood for Heat? Or Just for FUN!

I love power!!! In all actuallity you're right. I'd like to get a 36" or 48" for my 066 and move the 25" to the 460, but then I'd have to get another saw for the 20" category. Ahh shucks.
Marty

Back