ms461 falling dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try to run one sometime if I ever get a chance to make another gtg where there's one at.

If they're the same then I can probably run it about 10 minutes and my hands will be numb:msp_angry:

got some more comparisons ,if you turn them upside down ,almost identicle View attachment 261546View attachment 261547View attachment 261548
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

the air filter cover ,i put the 461 cover on the 460 ,it fit right on ,just astetics on top of cover didnt line up ,internals all fit perfect ,the 460 has some ventilation mesh on the black plastic and the 461 doesnt ,may be due to the hd2 filter not needing View attachment 261549View attachment 261550
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
is that roller catcher necessary to run? i put dual dogs on my 362 when i got it but i dint put on a roller catcher

if you put the roller catcher on ,you can remove the stock aluminum guard under the chain adjustment ,the roller one wont damage the chain like the aluminum could if you happen the derail the chain in some brush

if you put the roller catcher on ,you can remove the stock aluminum guard under the chain adjustment ,the roller one wont damage the chain like the aluminum could if you happen the derail the chain in some brush

ah i got ya so its like a better chain catcher...one other question, with the roller catcher, when you take off the clutch cover do you have to unbolt it or does it just slide into place?

I will be setting my saw repair money aside, hopefully by mid December I will have a 461. Don't know when I will be able to run it, but I will get one, haha.

ah i got ya so its like a better chain catcher...one other question, with the roller catcher, when you take off the clutch cover do you have to unbolt it or does it just slide into place?

it bolts to the outer dog ,it comes off when take the sprocket cover off ,slides into the hole in inner dog kind of like a peg

I will be setting my saw repair money aside, hopefully by mid December I will have a 461. Don't know when I will be able to run it, but I will get one, haha.

i sure like the one i have , randy did a good job on it

Latest posts

Back