MS461 now available in Ontario

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The M-tronic may show up sooner than you would think. The 441 was built years before the m-tronic came out. Thats the reason for the long span of time between the 441 and the 441CM. I look for the 461 to have m-tronic before winter. Thats just a guess though, or more of a prayer really. :D

That makes sense Anthony I"ll see if my rep will tell more. I've read on here that to switch a 441 to 441 mtronic it is doable for 100 dollars or so in parts. What I am trying to say is the mtronic feature in the 461 would be a great asset. Looks promising . I am sure Husqvarna is watching this model

That makes sense Anthony I"ll see if my rep will tell more. I've read on here that to switch a 441 to 441 mtronic it is doable for 100 dollars or so in parts. What I am trying to say is the mtronic feature in the 461 would be a great asset. Looks promising . I am sure Husqvarna is watching this model

I'm with you. I'm thinking that a strato charged, spring AV, m-tronic 460 would be the perfect saw for me. I'm hoping thats what I'll be able to get in the 461. I think it would make one helluva worksaw.

that would be incorrect. there is 22 different parts between the 2 saws plus and different flywheel side crank case.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I gotta say that I like the fact that it looks alot like its elder the 460 unlike what they did with the rest of their new saws. To me this is good news and I hope they try to keep it going this way with the 661.

yeah its springy:biggrinbounce2:

kidding aside its rubber unless there's a spring inside the rubber which I highly doubt

I, personally, think it silly that Stihl would bring out a new model saw and not put in a spring AV system. With that said I have not run any Stihl saw with rubber AV mounts.

Was thinking about going back to Stihl because of better dealer support but this will not be the saw that makes me sell my ported 372XPW.

I'm personally quite disappointed. Stihl continues to fall behind the curve ball. You would think it would have spring AV and M-Tronic as well. I will be even more disappointed if the 661 continues this trend.

Back