Ms461....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noodling this around in my head......

Why will a saw that is 1400 Euro ($1720) in Germany cost around $1000 in the US?

The 1400 Euros includes 19% VAT (tax), so you can deduct that. Now we're down to 1176 Euros, or $1446. Small european businesses also have very high overhead and mostly sell fewer saws. I'm sure the dealer cost is far below the retail shown.

Stihl USA must accept a lower margin in the USA, in exchange for a higher volume of sales and due to what the market will bear. We have lower costs, and much more competition. At the end of the day, the 461 will probably be close to $999 retail that a 460 goes for; significantly lower in some locations:msp_biggrin:

Yes I agree, the US market has more competition than most and therefore prices are lower. Europe on the other hand is prepared to pay more for quality equipment if it means supporting their own economies so they adjust prices accordingly.

Too ####in' funny...I thought the exact same thing. Stihl must have spies on AS......

They do I'm pretty sure. That's how jasha got in trouble and they took down all the 461 demo saw pictures. Stihl needs to lighten up and catch up with husky on the spring av:buttkick:

LADIES....

They are using spring mounts on ALLL BUT 1 of there new models...

GET OVER IT!

I have replaced alot more broken spring mounts and tanks that were wore out and wouldnt hold the spring mount on anymore....ie. 372's...than I ever have rubber Stihl mounts...

Last edited:
LADIES....

They are using spring mounts on ALLL BUT 1 of there new models...

GET OVER IT!

I have replaced alot more broken spring mounts and tanks that were wore out and wouldnt hold the spring mount on anymore....ie. 372's...than I ever have rubber Stihl mounts...

I would rather replace broken springs with fingers I can feel than have rubber buffers last 5 years:givebeer:

I would rather replace broken springs with fingers I can feel than have rubber buffers last 5 years:givebeer:

thats funny...maybe you should stay home and do the cooking and cleaning rather than the man work...:msp_wink:

thats funny...maybe you should stay home and do the cooking and cleaning rather than the man work...:msp_wink:

Cutting wood is something I do for fun or to clean up blowdown stuff on the family farm. I can run a husky for hours. A stihl 066 gives me about 1 tank of run time and my hands are numb. I guess I'm going to have to break down maybe next winter and get the carpal tunnel surgery done:(

Cutting wood is something I do for fun or to clean up blowdown stuff on the family farm. I can run a husky for hours. A stihl 066 gives me about 1 tank of run time and my hands are numb. I guess I'm going to have to break down maybe next winter and get the carpal tunnel surgery done:(

066....that guy above is right I dont want to wrestle you...:msp_scared:

But to be fair the 395 isnt much better and if you do get a full tank through it, you probably tightened the muffler screws 3 times...:msp_biggrin:

A 395 tank lasts long enough to vibrate the bar nuts and the muffler bolts off.:popcorn:

Maybe if you did more man work your hands would be in bad shape too. :D

I'm right there with you man. My hands take a beating from my 660. The 372 never gives them any grief. If anyone has done work that puts a strain on their hands then they know what were getting at. Carpal tunnel blowz.

Maybe if you did more man work your hands would be in bad shape too. :D

I'm right there with you man. My hands take a beating from my 660. The 372 never gives them any grief. If anyone has done work that puts a strain on their hands then they know what were getting at. Carpal tunnel blowz.

:msp_biggrin:

Carpal Tunnel DOES BLOW....the surgery however is AWESOME and I wouldnt hesitate to get the other hand done for a second...

Milking cows, working on engines (air tools with vibration), turning wrenches, working on saws, cutting firewood year round almost every day, internet ####:msp_wink:...

it all added up to having it done at 30...it was the best thing i ever had done...no more waking up in the middle of the night with nails in my finger tips!

:msp_biggrin:

Carpal Tunnel DOES BLOW....the surgery however is AWESOME and I wouldnt hesitate to get the other hand done for a second...

Milking cows, working on engines (air tools with vibration), turning wrenches, working on saws, cutting firewood year round almost every day, internet ####:msp_wink:...

it all added up to having it done at 30...it was the best thing i ever had done...no more waking up in the middle of the night with nails in my finger tips!

Building fence has did mine in. Mostly tying wire together, swinging hammers and operating a skidsteer. I think the skidsteer is the worse on them. I have to hang my arms over the bed in the early morning hours because it wakes me up in the night. Nothing worse than this crap. I'm 32 now so maybe I need to have it done.

Building fence has did mine in. Mostly tying wire together, swinging hammers and operating a skidsteer. I think the skidsteer is the worse on them. I have to hang my arms over the bed in the early morning hours because it wakes me up in the night. Nothing worse than this crap. I'm 32 now so maybe I need to have it done.

certain times of the year are worse than others I bet...

I sent you a PM...so as too not hyjak this thread to much further...

same old crapy clutch cover looks like a street walker with a skirt thats too high (if thats possible)

attachment.php

It'll be useless, there are no teeth on the chain. Must be Stihls new line of wood polishing equipment. :laugh:

Just had both wrists carved this spring @36, and doc's saying the surgery isn't to "fix it" but to keep it from getting worse. Don't put that off if you've got the means to do it. He says I need a year for the true outcome to be known, but I can't hold a weed burner, or a soft ball without putting my fingers to sleep. I thought the surgery was a complete success until after my recovery period and I found things I can't do.

From the picture off the German site, it looks like it has some sort of intake tube coming off the flywheel. I don't think anyone has mentioned that yet and to what benefit it has!

That picture I see at what looks like at a German Stihl dealership could be improved with a half wrap dual spike's and catcher, That's what I am looking for.

Latest posts

Back