Muff Mod by ModifiedMark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67 Mustang

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here's the mod Mark did for me on my Craftsman 3.7 (Poulan 3700). Looks factory to me! :clap:

67Mustang

67Mustang

Thanks, Mark!

When are you going to patent that and start producing them professionally???

That really is one of the nicest looking muff mods I've seen.

Steve, I hope yours responds as well as Marks did to that muffler.
It took his from being a darned good running 3700 to being an all out SCREAMER!!!

Mike

It took his from being a darned good running 3700 to being an all out SCREAMER!!!

Mike

I'd say so right now, Mike. I haven't put it in any real wood to challenge it yet. Took it out back in some 8-10" dry oak this afternoon to tune it a little. That's a really good running saw, anyway. I really appreciate Mark doing this for me.

Mike

Mike at this point no one would want to pay for the time that I got wrapped up in doing one of these! Takes several hours by the time you make your own tubeing out of sheetmetal, grind and polish the welds etc.

Patent it? Heck I'm lucky right now that Poulan don't sue me for stealing there design from the 4200 series. :givebeer:

Your right though, mine now really does scream. I can see the rolled eyes and hear the sighs when I say it, but I'm betting right now that mine will run right along side my 262XP.

I just have to get the time (and daylight) to prove it.

I'd say so right now, Mike. I haven't put it in any real wood to challenge it yet. Took it out back in some 8-10" dry oak this afternoon to tune it a little. That's a really good running saw, anyway. I really appreciate Mark doing this for me.

No Steve, your one of the great guys for helping me with the parts I needed to make this run again.
attachment.php

I'm sure glad that you liked it and please let me know for sure how much you think the muffler helped yours.

MM, sometimes quality is priceless, thats a nice job you did there! If you were closer I'd have no problem paying for your work.! Some factory stuff does'nt look that good.:cheers:

Excellent work Mark !! I agree, thats the best lookin muffler mod I've seen.:clap:
Makes ya wonder why they didn't make the originals on that series, like the 4200, 5200 mufflers.
Did you leave the openings in the upper rear corners, or close them off?

Might be expensive to have you make them, but I've spent allot of money on lesser stupid stuff over the years. LOL

That looks like quality to me !

:cheers:
Gregg,

No Steve, your one of the great guys for helping me with the parts I needed to make this run again.
attachment.php

I'm sure glad that you liked it and please let me know for sure how much you think the muffler helped yours.

I agree, one of the nicest looking muffler mods I have seen.

Any chance of you reposting the pics? I want to mod my 3.7 muffler because of all the comments I've read about it bringing the saw to life. I don't have any info on a way that is proven to work though.

Back