muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 280, same muffler as a 270 I assume.

It easy to open up the muffler exhaust opening. Put the muffler in a vise and grab a Dremel with a 1/8" burr installed. You can work mostly under the deflector plate and no one will ever notice except for you when the saw cuts better. The exhaust sound is just a bit louder, throatier, too.

Enlarge the factory 3/8" round opening until it is a squarish 1/2". This doubles the opening area. Put the muffler back on the saw and run it for a minute. Now the fresh cut metal has a black coating. The EPA and insurance company will never notice unless you tell them.

Craig was joking, wasn't he?

"One time...in band camp...a muffler modded saw started spontaneously and destroyed the entire woodwind section and 3 pianos before it ran out of fuel."

I just spit Diet Mt. Dew all over my laptop....

Hey- can I muffler mod my mother-in-law? I'd like to SHUT HER THE HELL UP!!!:angry:

"One time...in band camp...a muffler modded saw started spontaneously and destroyed the entire woodwind section and 3 pianos before it ran out of fuel."

I just spit Diet Mt. Dew all over my laptop....

Hey- can I muffler mod my mother-in-law? I'd like to SHUT HER THE HELL UP!!!:angry:

Skip, when you figure this mod out let me know. Been trying for 25 years to shut that :censored::censored: up

Anybody know why we can't rep this guy? He shoud at least have NO green rep.

And what is a muffler dampENing system anyway? Something that shoots water on the muffler of your nitro burning 270 to keep it cool?

Last edited:
Banned :jawdrop:Such a loss, I wish I could hear the minature violins, but you know the muffler mods destroyed my hearing...

Banned :jawdrop:Such a loss, I wish I could hear the minature violins, but you know the muffler mods destroyed my hearing...

I think I can hear them...but it's awfully quiet in my Federal prison cell.

Do not Modify your saw. There are serious Federal penalties for doing anything that would violate EPA Regulations of the Clean Air Act.

Also it is very unsafe to run a saw with the muffler dampening system defeated.

Keep your saws Stock, Safe and Legal!

-Craig

Banned, huh? Damn, I wanted to ask him how the he!! he keeps the sawdust out of his thong!!!!!:givebeer:

ok well thanks for telling me where to go. i also learned that Obama is infecting all of us its like the black plague

Back