Muffler Mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
throw the baffle away. (the 660 baffle looks a bit different)

............................................................................................

Looks to me those baffles could be repurposed as side outlet covers, eh?

Probably so. Those are out of a MS461.

Yeah 10mg for 6 times a day for 4,down to 4 for 4,then 2 for 4 days. Was just 5mg for 6 days in a pack.the new nurse practitioner i saw upped it tuesday wen i went back.didnt give me the horse syringe full of steroid this time either.thats actually what i went for.lol i hate sciatic nerve flare ups.
Oh, yeah, that got to be about 1 mg/kg/day. That will definitely mess with your bean. Good luck again, at least you know it will end when you are done with the drugs. Don't sign any legal papers and let your family know that you are not responsible for anything crazy that may come out of your mouth.

Jon is pretty proud of his muffler work on the saws we do. I'm glad, because he does a damn fine job, and I like being able to turn him loose on em. :rock:

I told him I wasn't real happy with the louver setup on this 2100.........

This is what he came up with.

It's fully screened, and very open. Best of all, it's far less fragile than the original setup.

Let's see some of the mods you guys are coming up with on your saws. :)

Randy that looks great makes me even more excited to get that thing back. I've dinged those stupid louvers on stuff and it almost completely closes them off. Will be nice to not worry about that anymore. Got any shots of the cylinder work to tease me with or maybe it hasn't got to that point yet? Any idea why that muffler was that way to begin with. Mine is the only 2100 I've seen in person but all the others in pictures I've seen have the dump off the right side above the chain. Was this a jungle model or something different to get the odd style muffler?

This is on a beater Ski 350. Loud....

0205151149a.jpg 0205151149b.jpg 0205151154b.jpg

I think I used a rocker arm shaft off a SB Dodge, too long as it hits every thing and is LOUD....especially using the right side of the bar which puts the pipe any where near the tree as it is deflected back. As per usual it had already melted the top cover before I got it...did I say it's loud...

Randy that looks great makes me even more excited to get that thing back. I've dinged those stupid louvers on stuff and it almost completely closes them off. Will be nice to not worry about that anymore. Got any shots of the cylinder work to tease me with or maybe it hasn't got to that point yet? Any idea why that muffler was that way to begin with. Mine is the only 2100 I've seen in person but all the others in pictures I've seen have the dump off the right side above the chain. Was this a jungle model or something different to get the odd style muffler?

Your muffler is from a 285XP I think.

I didn't take any pics of the port work. :(

It is done though.

all fine work ..... i actually came in here looking for a mod for quieting a couple old loud mufflers down ..lol a friend of mine has a husky 555 , man it has that sweet Ferrari like exhaust note ....
After running mccullochs the ferrari sounding ones get on my nerves.lol the pm1000 i have seems to choked up to me.been thinking of a double barrel towars the port on it instead of out of the bottom.

Oh yeah if your looming for a way better pipe than the Chinese crap find one for a go ped. They have some nice options for real tuned pipes
Will do.there was one cheap but nice looking chamber for a pocket bike that looked really modifiable but will check out the go ped stuff.

b56fe2206a136812afa946d4abd3b2e9.jpg
218fb9385f334406b395da5cae4a52dc.jpg

359, 372
c73c97853aefa4e7e917f9b714373d9d.jpg

3.8 poulan
c47d79b4b2b6c09665287065befd64e3.jpg

Very nice! Are you brazing or welding them in? EDIT: I read more of the thread. STILL VERY NICE WORK.

Latest posts

Back