Muffler s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retiredfarmer

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Are there any low restriction mufflers available for a husqvarna 395? Or a 550xl? I would still like the saws to be relatively quiet lol no straight pipes.

Look up West Coast Saw. They offer something called a bark box. It’s loud as heck, but on all of the saws that I have used that have them, the throttle response, and overall felt power really picked up.

Not sure how much modification you are willing to get into yourself, but you can put a pipe in a muffler without it being ridiculously loud. I experimented with a couple different methods and found that if I recess the internal portion of the pipe in the muffler, about 1 inch, it really cuts down on the noise compared to if the pipe only sticks in the muffler about a quarter inch or a flush mount

Look up West Coast Saw. They offer something called a bark box. It’s loud as heck, but on all of the saws that I have used that have them, the throttle response, and overall felt power really picked up.

Not sure how much modification you are willing to get into yourself, but you can put a pipe in a muffler without it being ridiculously loud. I experimented with a couple different methods and found that if I recess the internal portion of the pipe in the muffler, about 1 inch, it really cuts down on the noise compared to if the pipe only sticks in the muffler about a quarter inch or a flush mount
Loud doesn’t begin to describe them 🤣🤣
im gonna take the one that came on the MM 500i I got and put my own version back on. Same airflow, a lot less noise.

He said in his first post he would like relatively quiet, a bark box is anything but that and husqy saws don't have 2 piece mufflers anyway. So they would have anything available.

Back